Thrown out of an FBO...

Old November 10th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

"The Visitor" wrote in message
You are putting words in his mouth, to support your argument; because it
suits you.

Baloney. My interpretation of his statement is not only perfectly valid, it
is strongly supported by Jay's own description of how he communicated to the
other person.

The only interpretation that could change the underlying correctness of his
statements would be to think that Jay was speaking ONLY of the charter
pilots he had personally met, and not only talked to but also obtained
salary information from. There's absolutely no indication that was his
meaning...even Jay himself has not suggested his intent was to restrict his
statement to that group of people.

Old November 10th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

[...] (b) it's always fun to watch the different (and utterly predictable)
reactions from certain members of this group.

Yikes, you mean you were trolling?!

Is it trolling when the reaction is always the same? If a tree falls
in the woods, and there's no one there to hear it...well, you know the
rest.

Sometimes I swear Mike, Pete and Jose are simply Usenet AI programs,
set up to respond
with three specific responses that are triggered by any given stimuli.
Google could easily set something like this up in order to keep the
newsgroups rolling along...

The fact that none of them are pictured in the Rec.Aviation "Rogues
Gallery" (see http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm ) tends to
support this theory. Has anyone here ever actually MET any of these
guys?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 10th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Steve Foley wrote:
Every privately owned hotel I have stayed in has been worse than any chain.

I've actually not found the privately owned hotels to be uniformly worse
than the chains, but I have found them to be much more variable. Chains
hotels are like chain restaurants. They are seldom great, but you
almost always know what you are getting. Private hotels run the gamut
from flea bag dumps to really nice places. The trouble is you often
don't know what you are getting until you get there. This isn't a big
deal if you can get a room elsewhere, but occasionally you have no
choice by the time you find out that you've reserved at a dump.

Matt
Old November 10th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

I wouldn't say the entire population, but I would want a sample size
that gives me at least a 95% confidence level! :-)

Which would be less than a thousand people, randomly selected.

So, Jay, have you dealt with a thousand charter pilots ... randomly
selected? :-)

Matt
Old November 10th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A. Sinan Unur

Jose wrote in news:r2U4h.2002$6t.1206
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

How is being cheap considered to be less worthy?

Ask Jay. He finds charter pilots to be less worthy (of admiration for
their behavior).

The behavior Jay is describing is not being cheap: It is the failure to
reciprocate in response to a favor someone is doing for them.
Reciprocation for favors received is generally considered good form across
cultures and throughout time even when there is no formal requirement to
do so.

The fact is, Jay did something nice by filling up the car without being
asked or required. That act sets the stage: Whatever he says/does after
that has to be viewed based on that precedent. If he then inadvertently
makes a statement that others find objectionable, the proper response
would be to politely point that out.

If Jay had walked in to the FBO and said "I ain't filling up the tank
because I hate cheap charter pilots", that would have been a different
scenario.

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur
Old November 10th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Jay Honeck wrote:

Sometimes I swear Mike, Pete and Jose are simply Usenet AI programs,
set up to respond
with three specific responses that are triggered by any given stimuli.

They are as predictable as switching on a light. Every post is the same
and comes at exactly the same moment in any conversation.
Old November 10th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Well, let's see here.

In the past month or 2 you've declared your bigotry towards government
employees, unions, union employees, charter pilots and charter owners. I may
have left a few out, but that's CRS for ya.

I'd be willing to bet I can throw in homosexuals and gay married couples.

mike

BTW, I feel just fine, thanks.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's bigotry. And Mr. Honeck has repeatedly demonstrated himself to be
bigot. And every now and then, he gets caught by it because he will
verbalize one of these sweeping generalizations to somebody who happens
be one of those individuals.

mike

Wow, first I "hate FBOs", and now I'm a "bigot"? Soon, you'll be
calling me a "social climber"...

;-)

Just once it would be good of you to contribute something positive to
this group, Mike. Try it sometime -- it'll make you feel better.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 10th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Damn, I won't be able to call you a pillock now :-)

Heh heh. Don't worry, there plenty of other epithets you can sling at
me...

Once I told my 16 year old son this new word, that's all I've been
hearing. I suspect by now it has swept through his high school like a
wave, and will soon be chanted at the next home football game...

Pil-LOCK! Pil-LOCK! Pil-LOCK!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 10th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Which would be less than a thousand people, randomly selected.

So, Jay, have you dealt with a thousand charter pilots ... randomly
selected? :-)

Nope, I've only dealt with the smart ones who have persuade their
bosses to let them stay with us...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Which would be less than a thousand people, randomly selected.

So, Jay, have you dealt with a thousand charter pilots ... randomly
selected? :-)

Nope, I've only dealt with the smart ones who have persuade their
bosses to let them stay with us...

:-)

Chuckle. Apparently, none of them are from the FBO where you visited
recently. :-)

Matt