Editorial Page

Old January 13th 04, 09:35 PM
John Purner

Default Editorial Page

Finally!

I've wanted to add an Editorial page to The $100 Hamburger website since we
started it in 1996. After eight years four books and several reprinting of
"The $100 Hamburger" book, I've found the time to do it. In additon to our
views, there is a Letters to the Editor section. I truly hope that many from
this group will contribute. Afterall debate is good and there is no better
debate than in this News Group.
http://www.100dollarhamburger.com

--
John Purner
Editor - The $100 Hamburger

Old January 13th 04, 10:12 PM
Ron Natalie

"John Purner" wrote in message ...
Finally!

I've wanted to add an Editorial page to The $100 Hamburger website since we
started it in 1996. After eight years four books and several reprinting of
"The $100 Hamburger" book,

And what do we get out of it. Seems like you've made good money off
the newsgroup doing your research for you and we didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Old January 14th 04, 02:51 AM
Mike Beede

In article , Ron Natalie wrote:

"John Purner" wrote in message ...
Finally!

I've wanted to add an Editorial page to The $100 Hamburger website since we
started it in 1996. After eight years four books and several reprinting of
"The $100 Hamburger" book,

And what do we get out of it. Seems like you've made good money off
the newsgroup doing your research for you and we didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

As of August 2001 I got a reply to a report including this:

All PIREP's sent to the $100 Hamburger including yours become the sole
property of TPWI. It may be posted on the Internet or used in other
ways at
the sole discretion of TPWI. No compensation of any kind will be paid
to you,
now or in the future.

Kind of . . . rude. My take is that no one will send more than
one report (actually I sent several before the first reply).

Mike Beede
Old January 14th 04, 03:47 AM
plumb bob

"Mike Beede" wrote in message
And what do we get out of it. Seems like you've made good money off
the newsgroup doing your research for you and we didn't even get a lousy

t-shirt.

As of August 2001 I got a reply to a report including this:

All PIREP's sent to the $100 Hamburger including yours become the sole
property of TPWI. It may be posted on the Internet or used in other
ways at
the sole discretion of TPWI. No compensation of any kind will be paid
to you,
now or in the future.

Kind of . . . rude. My take is that no one will send more than
one report (actually I sent several before the first reply).

Well, it is the truth, is it not? Why do people get a crab up their ass when
someone takes a FREE idea and makes a buck off it. Good for him and I've
never bought the book. So don't buy the book and shut up, ok. Find something
significant to bitch and complain about instead.

-- Plumb Bob

Old January 14th 04, 05:29 AM
Judah

Oh geez. I can see it now...

"I submitted an article for The $100 Hamburger and all I got was this lousy
T-Shirt" t-shirts...

"Ron Natalie" wrote in
m:

Old January 14th 04, 02:14 PM
Mike Beede

In article t52Nb.51207$I06.290642@attbi_s01, plumb bob wrote:

Kind of . . . rude. My take is that no one will send more than
one report (actually I sent several before the first reply).

Well, it is the truth, is it not? Why do people get a crab up their ass when
someone takes a FREE idea and makes a buck off it. Good for him and I've
never bought the book. So don't buy the book and shut up, ok. Find something
significant to bitch and complain about instead.

Like I said, because it's rude. It goes without saying that I'm not getting
paid for the friggin' reports. Even if it didn't, email has no legal effect,
so why not send something that just says "thanks a lot" instead of
something that sounds like it was crapped out by a lawyer? As for
"significant," it always astounds me how there's always someone
that gets a crab up their ass when someone bitches about something.

Mike Beede

P.S., By the way, I've never heard "gets a crab up their ass" before. Very
picturesque. Thanks.
Old January 14th 04, 03:25 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Beede" wrote in message
In article , Ron Natalie

wrote:

[...]

Standard disclaimer in the publishing industry, MT.

Old January 15th 04, 12:01 AM
plumb bob

wrote:

[...]

Go cry yourself a river, over nothing.

Mike Beede

P.S., By the way, I've never heard "gets a crab up their ass" before.

Very
picturesque. Thanks.

You're welcome. It's my own idea. And it is free. You're welcome to use it,
make a profit from it, and I will not charge you for it.

Old January 15th 04, 12:07 AM
plumb bob

Excuse me. All you indignant little punks don't realize that Jay Honeck is,
by far, the biggest commercial whore on this newsgroup yet you don't
challenge him. Personally, I don't have a problem - the man has to make a
living and I kind of like him except that he likes to bring up his knuckle
dragger conservasheep politics occasionally.

Let's have some consistency around here - either all commercial messages are
acceptable, or none. All whores allowed, or none at all... that is what I
say.

-- Plumb Bob (straight up opinions, screw the PC police and you too if you
disagree)