Wedding Party Massacre? Doubtful.....

Old May 24th 04, 04:09 PM
George Z. Bush

"raymond o'hara" wrote in message
news:z_lsc.52835$gr.5091710@attbi_s52...

"Tamas Feher" wrote in message

Several hours worth of home video tape showing the wedding has been
recovered.
+
Half-hour news video, showing the dead, including children and the very
guy who filmed the home video above.

BBC is the remorse of the world!

celebrating with machineguns in a war zone will get you killed . the same
thing happened in af-g-stan , they have to lose that habit . not to mention
the thousands wounded and killed a every year by these celebrations ,

Yeah, the nerve of those people.....having customs like that in their own
country! Where do they get off doing stuff like that?
(^-^)))

George Z.

Old May 24th 04, 04:11 PM
Leslie Swartz

Sure, Tamas, several hours of "video of a wedding party" must be real hard
to come by. Pictures/video of dead women and children must be rare indeed.

Does anything- anything at all- tie any of this to the events in question?

Anything?

Steve Swartz

Old May 24th 04, 04:14 PM
raymond o'hara

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"raymond o'hara" wrote in message

"Tamas Feher" wrote in message

Several hours worth of home video tape showing the wedding has been
recovered.
+
Half-hour news video, showing the dead, including children and the

very
guy who filmed the home video above.

BBC is the remorse of the world!

celebrating with machineguns in a war zone will get you killed . the

same
thing happened in af-g-stan , they have to lose that habit . not to

mention
the thousands wounded and killed a every year by these celebrations ,

Yeah, the nerve of those people.....having customs like that in their own
country! Where do they get off doing stuff like that?
(^-^)))

George Z.

it's fine in peacetime idiot, but firing mg's in a war zone will get you
killed .

Old May 24th 04, 04:47 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tamas Feher" wrote:

Several hours worth of home video tape showing the wedding has been
recovered.
+
Half-hour news video, showing the dead, including children and the very
guy who filmed the home video above.

Well, the video shown on the BBC shows *a* party or wedding. It could
have been shot at any time over the last year or more, as far as that
goes.

BBC is the remorse of the world!

They're certainly a reason for remorse in the UK. The BBC used to be
pretty good, until they let their new coverage quality slide so much.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old May 24th 04, 07:02 PM
George Z. Bush

[...]

Yeah, us idiots never know when our leg is being pulled....so, welcome to the
club, pal! You did such a great job with your application, we're re-doing the
rules and making you a charter member.

George Z.

Old May 24th 04, 07:33 PM
Scott MacEachern

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message ...

Never heard of terrorists using such equipment, eh?

Right. Al-Qaeda: The Musical....

Looks like BG Kimmet has drawn very different conclusions from what you
have, Scott. And if you are going to quote the guy, at least do so by
paraphrasing his entire statement.

How about today, then, from the briefing transcript: "...But I would
tell you that, again, day after day after day, as we continue to get
more evidence in, as we continue to get more new evidence coming in,
it is pretty clear to us that what happened that night from the --
about after midnight until about 0400 -- that the activities that we
saw happening on the ground were somewhat inconsistent with a wedding
party. And it could well have been, as we have said before, that
there was some sort of celebration going on. ..."

"...somewhat inconsistent with a wedding party...."

Yeah. There's a ringing statement of confidence.

Scott
Old May 24th 04, 08:29 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Scott MacEachern" wrote in message
om...
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

Never heard of terrorists using such equipment, eh?

Right. Al-Qaeda: The Musical....

Looks like BG Kimmet has drawn very different conclusions from what you
have, Scott. And if you are going to quote the guy, at least do so by
paraphrasing his entire statement.

How about today, then, from the briefing transcript: "...But I would
tell you that, again, day after day after day, as we continue to get
more evidence in, as we continue to get more new evidence coming in,
it is pretty clear to us that what happened that night from the --
about after midnight until about 0400 -- that the activities that we
saw happening on the ground were somewhat inconsistent with a wedding
party. And it could well have been, as we have said before, that
there was some sort of celebration going on. ..."

You conveniently missed the PICTURE that showed the rocket launchers, and
rounds these "wedding party" folks were found with? Hell of a wedding
gift..."Oh, honey, look! It's that RPG-7 we were hoping to get!"

And all of those *Sudanese* attendants..heck of along way to travel for a
wedding in those parts...

"...somewhat inconsistent with a wedding party...."

Yeah. There's a ringing statement of confidence.

How about his quote: "But at this point, we have seen really nothing that
causes us to be -- to change our minds."

Or: "We have found no evidence of any children being killed, by people on
the ground. We had a ground force element that went through the objective.
It did not identify any children killed. And so this, again, is part of
what needs to be determined by an unbiased investigation. And that's
exactly what we're taking forward." (This has been your pet peeve, right?
The alleged butchering of children?)

Or: "But the intelligence that we had, that got us there, what we found on
the ground and our post-strike analysis suggests that what we had was a
significant foreign-fighter waystation, smuggler waystation in the middle of
the desert that was bringing people into this country for the sole purpose
of attacking to kill the people of Iraq. We have a responsibility to
maintain a safe and secure environment. That is our responsibility, that is
our obligation, and we will carry that out."

Again, a bit different from the version of Kimmet's words you keep
parroting.

Brooks

Scott

Old May 24th 04, 11:31 PM
John Mullen

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"Tamas Feher" wrote:

Several hours worth of home video tape showing the wedding has been
recovered.
+
Half-hour news video, showing the dead, including children and the very
guy who filmed the home video above.

Well, the video shown on the BBC shows *a* party or wedding. It could
have been shot at any time over the last year or more, as far as that
goes.

BBC is the remorse of the world!

They're certainly a reason for remorse in the UK. The BBC used to be
pretty good, until they let their new coverage quality slide so much.

Although I actually agree with your sentiment here, from experience of both,
I think the BBC still kicks the ass off any US news coverage. Fewer vested
interests, less need to toe the party line.

John

Old May 25th 04, 12:16 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"John Mullen" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...

They're certainly a reason for remorse in the UK. The BBC used to be
pretty good, until they let their new coverage quality slide so much.

Although I actually agree with your sentiment here, from experience of both,
I think the BBC still kicks the ass off any US news coverage. Fewer vested
interests, less need to toe the party line.

One telling problem with the Beeb right now is their lack of coverage on
the Oil for Food scandal. *Very* little coverage, and what's there
isn't exactly hard hitting.

Note also that when they mention Hamas (or other Mideast terror groups)
in an article, they don't call them terrorists. They call them
militants or something less direct. When the word terrorist *is* used
in a BBC story, it's usually inserted in "scare quotes."

So Hamas isn't a bunch of terrorists. It's a militant group, or a
so-called "terrorist" group.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old May 25th 04, 12:46 AM
Jim Yanik

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in
:

[...]

Face reality;you or anyone else here is not going to convince Mr.MacEachern
of anything favorable to the US. His mind is made up regardless of any
facts to the contrary.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net