something you don't see everyday...

Old May 28th 04, 03:46 PM
ian maclure

Default something you don't see everyday...

Saw a Saab J35 Draken on the Ames flight line this morning
presumably there for the Airshow this weekend.
I knew there were a couple in the US that a contractor used
to support naval training in the Hampton Roads area but I don't
think this is one of them.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old May 28th 04, 06:58 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ian maclure" wrote in message
news

Saw a Saab J35 Draken on the Ames flight line this morning
presumably there for the Airshow this weekend.
I knew there were a couple in the US that a contractor used
to support naval training in the Hampton Roads area but I don't
think this is one of them.

Is Flight International still flying any Drakens? I thought they had
purchased/leased some Kfirs to replace those a year or two back? The newest
info regarding this I could find on the web was from 2002, when the Draken's
were still flying...

Brooks

IBM

http://www.uncensored-news.com
The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old May 29th 04, 12:28 AM
Darrell Earnshaw

ian maclure wrote:

Saw a Saab J35 Draken on the Ames flight line this morning
presumably there for the Airshow this weekend.
I knew there were a couple in the US that a contractor used
to support naval training in the Hampton Roads area but I don't
think this is one of them.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Yup. There's an air show at Moffet tomorrow (Saturday).

-- Darrell
Old May 31st 04, 01:42 AM
Marc Reeve

Darrell Earnshaw wrote:
ian maclure wrote:

Saw a Saab J35 Draken on the Ames flight line this morning
presumably there for the Airshow this weekend.
I knew there were a couple in the US that a contractor used
to support naval training in the Hampton Roads area but I don't
think this is one of them.

IBM

Yup. There's an air show at Moffet tomorrow (Saturday).

-- Darrell

Sunday as well, yes?

Myself, if I manage any airshows this weekend, it'll be the Watsonville
Fly-In. I prefer the old stuff.

http://www.watsonvilleflyin.org/
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is
Old May 31st 04, 02:41 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
(Marc Reeve) wrote:

Darrell Earnshaw wrote:
ian maclure wrote:

Saw a Saab J35 Draken on the Ames flight line this morning
presumably there for the Airshow this weekend.
I knew there were a couple in the US that a contractor used
to support naval training in the Hampton Roads area but I don't
think this is one of them.

IBM

Yup. There's an air show at Moffet tomorrow (Saturday).

-- Darrell

Sunday as well, yes?

Myself, if I manage any airshows this weekend, it'll be the Watsonville
Fly-In. I prefer the old stuff.

http://www.watsonvilleflyin.org/

Who is sponsoring the Ames Moffett Airshow? One I attended there about 6
years ago was a complete disaster! There was absolutely no crowd control
-- kids were climbing on/into airplanes with no regard for possible
damage.

My policy is to avoid any airshow sponsored by non-aviation
organizations, as they usually have no clue about display aircraft
safety/security.