Wanted: Motorglider Airworthy,Damaged,Parts,Kit or plans

Old November 18th 05, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Motorglider Airworthy,Damaged,Parts,Kit or plans

I'm looking for a deal.
1 or 2 place,no trailer OK,prefer in N America,will pickup
Under $10000

Kevin T

Old November 18th 05, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
I'm looking for a deal.
1 or 2 place,no trailer OK,prefer in N America,will pickup
Under $10000

Kevin T

Check out

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/want-ads10.htm

Just what you're looking for.

Willie

Old November 18th 05, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
I'm looking for a deal.
1 or 2 place,no trailer OK,prefer in N America,will pickup
Under $10000

Since you seem to be _very_ flexible, what is your intended purpose for
the glider?

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old November 18th 05, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'm a retired military reservist* and will retire from my civilian job
as a mechanic in two and half years. It will be an early retirement
with a small pension and being a reservist I'll receive a small
military pension also at age sixty, I'm forty eight now. In retirement
I want to travel around in my van with a small Motor Glider in tow.
However even a larger touring style Motor Glider would work, it would
just become my traveling vehicle. The only kind that wouldn't fit my
intentions would be a sustainer. The dream is to travel to the well
known soaring spots in North America and further if time permits. I'll
try new areas also if the lift looks promising. I'll document my
experiences on a web blog similar to what other retirees do with their
RV travels and/or with videos similar to what Paul Naton did with model
gliders in his Endless Lift series. The blog will start soon When I
pick up or receive the motor glider or when I train for my Motor Glider
endorsement. I'm not married and don't have any kids so I have a lot
time and freedom for the pursuit, just not a lot of money. I consider
myself a very good gas welder, sheet metal worker and have had training
in composites. I soloed a glider at age fifteen at Turf Soaring School
in Arizona, when they were still located alongside the horse racing
track. I currently hold PPL SEL with Tail Dragger and soon a Glider
endorsement. I'm a member of the Minnesota Soaring Club, Experimental
Aircraft Association Chaptder 25, pending member of the
Auxiliary-powered Sailplane Association and own a one tenth share in a
Piper Cub based at KMIC. My doctor really likes the idea

Kevin Tesmar
Minneapolis

*E-6 Minnesota Air National Guard and Iraqi Freedom veteran

Old November 19th 05, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Congrats to you for retirement.. and a worthwhile endeavor..
do more than just getting the "endorsement", take the full FAA Checkride..
you can carry pax that way.. with an endorsement (61.31(d)(2)) you cannot
it is almost of end of soaring season on Minn is it not?

BT

ups.com...

Old November 19th 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Congrats to you for retirement.. and a worthwhile endeavor..
do more than just getting the "endorsement", take the full FAA Checkride..
you can carry pax that way.. with an endorsement (61.31(d)(2)) you cannot

You may also have trouble finding a CFIG who is willing to give you an
unrestricted solo endorsement.

Vaughn

Old November 19th 05, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Congrats to you for retirement.. and a worthwhile endeavor..
do more than just getting the "endorsement", take the full FAA
Checkride..
you can carry pax that way.. with an endorsement (61.31(d)(2)) you cannot

You may also have trouble finding a CFIG who is willing to give you an
unrestricted solo endorsement.

Vaughn

I agree.. but 61.31(d)(2) as it is written, has no expiration date..
it also says that the individual must be receiving training towards a rating
and under the supervision of an instructor

as a CFIG, I add an expiration date
BT

Old November 20th 05, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sorry about my writing error. I do intend to take the FAA check ride
in the Spring.
The Xenos is a marvelous aircraft. I had put about $5,000 down on a
kit and
attended the workshop a couple of months after my return from Iraq.
John Monnett
is a very honest man. He said the Xenos wings are to heavy for solo
rigging. I also
had qualms about why is the Xenos priced so much higher than the Sonex.
Jeremy
replied that it was because the Xenos is one third more airplane. A
very fine aircraft
just not what feels right in my heart. I do have Sonex plans available
if anyone
wants to make an offer. .
I'm thinking more along the lines of a vintage tube and fabric (KA-4,
KA-7) converted
to power or a composite. And yes soaring is over a least for me this
season, my Cub has the winter kit installed on it though 8) This is
the time of the year I move from working outside to downstairs in
shop.

BRGRDS
Kevin Tesmar
Minneapolis

Old November 20th 05, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great news... glad to hear it was just a typo.

After you complete your checkride with aero tow... you will need someone to
provide the "Self Launch" endorsement for your motor glider. Any CFIG that
is self launch qualified can provide the endorsement.

Sorry to hear you have to hole up for the winter... I always knew there was
a reason I took my first retirement to the desert southwest. We were flying
in 65F degree temps today.

BT

oups.com...