New Parowan Entry List?

Old April 1st 04, 11:24 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default New Parowan Entry List?

Just checked it at http://parowan.soaringweb.net/Entry.html and I have
made a BIG move, all the way from 50th to 27th ? What happened? It looks as
though Karl has redesignated it as Region 2 West and let in himself and a whole
lot of easterners in. Right on Karl, I like a man who isn't afraid to take a
stand and correct an intolerable situation. The social engineers need to
remember that the common man is not without *alternatives*. I believe it was
another Karl, Karl Marx who said, "The proletariat is stupid, but extremely
crafty and bare watching".

I have been called the* Placerville Big Mouth* and told the world doesn't give
a damn what I think, But see, the squeaky wheel, gets the oil. Right on Karl.
You are now 7th and I'm 27th. Now I will be allowed to fly a contest of my
choosing and that I have EARNED a right to fly.

How do you Region 9 pukes like the NEW entry list?
JJ Sinclair
Old April 2nd 04, 12:02 AM
Greg Arnold

Either an April Fool's joke, or someone has hacked the webpage. Or, as
JJ points out, the contest has been changed from R9 to R2 West. But the
heading at the top still says R9.

Out of 33 Region 9 pilots, 19 won't be flying? Talk about someone
hijacking your Regional!

Old April 2nd 04, 01:19 AM
David Leonard

But, JJ, you still can't get in with your ASH25. Sports Class is still
Reverse Seeded. Looks like it changed from Region 9 to Karl's Invitational.

Damn yankee carpet baggers.

Dave Leonard
Region 9 USA

Old April 2nd 04, 02:53 AM
Michael McNulty

"JJ Sinclair" wrote in message
[...]

The remedy for this hijacking of the Region 9 contest is already in works.

A lawsuit has already been prepared naming the Soaring Society of America,
Karl Steidieck, Iris Striedieck, Charlie Stratt, and each member of the SSA
Competition Commitee as defendents.

It will be filed in the Federal District Court in Phoenix tomorrow morning.
The lawsuit asks for Temporary Restraining Order prohiting the SSA from
holding or sanctioning ANY contests untill this matter is resolved, at trail
if need be. Aggregate damages in the amount of $3 million are also
requested from the named defendants, on behalf of the injured parties.

J.J. Sinclair and John Cochrane are also named as matterial witness in the
affair should also expect to be served.

Does anyone have Charlie Spratts address so that he may be served properly?

Old April 2nd 04, 03:04 AM
Greg Arnold

Luckily, April 2 will soon arrive so we can find out what is really
going on (if anything).

Old April 2nd 04, 03:37 AM
JJ Sinclair

My My, McNulty
It's all perfectly legal, as far as I know. The organizers of an SSA regional
contest do NOT have to reside in the region and that's what we have here.

I don't know what your getting all in a huff about. Some eastern guys are
putting on everything and bringing all the workers. There really is no reason
to call it region 9, anyway.

Legal or not, I like it.
JJ Sinclair
Old April 2nd 04, 03:44 AM
Michael McNulty

"JJ Sinclair" wrote in message
My My, McNulty
It's all perfectly legal, as far as I know. The organizers of an SSA

regional
contest do NOT have to reside in the region and that's what we have here.

I don't know what your getting all in a huff about. Some eastern guys are
putting on everything and bringing all the workers. There really is no

reason
to call it region 9, anyway.

Legal or not, I like it.
JJ Sinclair

I hope you also like spending a long hot summer in a Phoenix court house.
Also, if the injunctive relief is granted, as the lawyers assure me it will
be, you can kiss your precious Minden Region 11 contest goodby, at least for
this year.

Old April 2nd 04, 03:57 AM
Greg Arnold

JJ Sinclair wrote:

My My, McNulty
It's all perfectly legal, as far as I know. The organizers of an SSA regional
contest do NOT have to reside in the region and that's what we have here.

I still think this must be an April's Fool joke. But assuming it isn't,
19 R9 pilots have been kicked out of a contest in R9 so that a famous
pilot from the East Coast can fly in the contest. I don't know whether
that is legal, but it sure isn't very good public relations for the SSA.

Old April 2nd 04, 05:17 AM
Paul M. Cordell

Hey!! I moved up in the list to # 8. This will be fun........

Old April 2nd 04, 05:19 AM
Andy Blackburn

Very funny!

I think JJ is the culprit -- he's the 'bubble boy'
in the entry list.

Make me co-pilot and I'll rent you my seeding.

9B