Commercial - iPAQ Cradle Changes

Old April 9th 04, 03:29 PM
Paul Remde

Default Commercial - iPAQ Cradle Changes

Hi,

I have just learned that the 50 iPAQ cradles I had ordered from Peiker in
Germany will not be delivered. They had been promised for many months. I
have many disappointed customers. All I can do is apologize and provide
options.

Moving On
I have updated my web site with several new products that are very nice
options for mounting PDAs in gliders.

RAM Powered Cradles
The new RAM "powered" cradles are a bit on the large side, but they are very
nice products. They are light and rugged and have an efficient 12V to 5V
converter built into the bottom of the cradle. The cable connection is
unfortunately on the bottom of the cradle, but it is a rugged DB-9
connection rather than the fragile iPAQ connector. Larry Goddard's team has
created new cables that feature a short DB-9 connector with the cable
exiting the back of the connector rather than going straight down. One
major advantage to the RAM cradles is that they are available for every
model of iPAQ available.

RAM non-powered cradles
RAM non-powered cradles and inexpensive, small (somewhat) and light. The
downside is that they do not have an integral cable so the iPAQ connector
exits the bottom of the iPAQ and may interfere with your leg in the glider
cockpit. RAM cradles are available that can accommodate any PDA.

Arms and Goosenecks
There are many arm and gooseneck options available on my RAM page. They all
connect to any RAM cradle. I have created a new adapter plate that will
allow the very nice goosenecks I used with Peiker cradles to be connected to
the back of any RAM cradle.

Details are available on the pages listed below:
RAM
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/ram.htm
Goddard Cables and Power Converters
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm