Central Sierra Helicopter Meet

Old May 10th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Central Sierra Helicopter Meet

If you were there, you know what I mean. If you weren't there, I'm sorry.
The first annual, they are already planning for the next year, Central
Sierra Helicopter Meet was a resounding success. 13 helicopters showed.
Schweitzers, Bell 47, Baby Belle, Ultrasports, Helicycle, a Scorpion II and
both Blake Estes, Helicycle factory and Doug Schwocert, noted Helicycle
expert, were there. Doug travels around providing set up and check out of
Helicycles and is quite knowledgeable about helicopters. A ton of
information on the various other ships was available. Merle Reppert had a
very interesting governor on his Ultrasport. I had a test lash up to
demonstrate rotor blade balancing using the DSS micro balancer. As an
aside, there were no Rotorway Execs there? There is a bunch of them in
Calif not to far from the Central Sierra Helicopter Meeting site. What's
the story here?
As an aside I saw a Cougar cross the meadow not to far from where we were
set up. First for me in spite of growing up in the mountains. Weather was
just as good as it gets. Plenty of room.
If you are not there next year, you are guilty of seriously abusing your
self interests and should receive professional counseling.
Hoped to see "The OTHER Kevin in San..." there but he was apparently a no
show.

Next on the list is the Golden West Fly-In at Marysville CA. They are
actively seeking rotorcraft participation. Trailer, fly-in, and be there
Thurs eve before 6pm and the dinner is on them for pilots and passengers.
There is a military show at Beal A.F.B the week-end before which leads into
the Golden West affair. Should be a great show this year. The magazine
will be there looking for opportunity for cover photographs of helicopters.
BE THERE.
--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

Old May 10th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

I was hoping to get out of work on Friday the 5th to drive up, but got
hit with a MAJOR deadline late on the 4th.

I may have asked this before.... my memory is so feeble....
but what is it that you do for a living.

Curious and feeble minds want to know.
Old May 10th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Big OOPS! Forgot Kas's Helichair. That little devil drew quite a crowd.
Kas has demonstrated the thing can reduce the time needed to learn to hover
a helicopter. We got photos and will add when we get caught up with all
that occurred while we were "Goofing Off" for 4 days. Sorry Kas. Memory
being what it is. I've got a perfect memory. It is just the access that
gets random at time.

Kevin: The next SoCal one that we are aware of that welcomes the
experimental helicopters is El Mirage the last week-end in Sept. We will be
there for sure. Yep there was a SoCal Helicycle flying about. Discussions
with Doug Schowcert has made me think about adding one to my stable. He
claims the things are almost perfect. He said he set one up that had no
shake going into translation. Wife& Magazine CEO has told me to get one if
I find one I like. It will have to be kit that hasn't been started so that
I can generate a magazine article about the building and check out. We will
be attending a checkout in the Riverside area in the fall. We will have an
article about the process. The only one offering test rides was Kas and
his Helichair. Also advice from an old Silver Hair: Never plan on upper
management being involved in anything other than "Knee Jerk" action.
Remember they worship the fact that "Hindsight is more accurate than
foresight".

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine
P. O. Box 1585
Inyokern, CA 93527
(760) 377-4478 ph
(760) 408-9747 publication cell
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:31:53 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

[...]

That sucks. I was under the impression at least one Exec was going to
be there. Did any of the Helicycles from So. CA get up there? Was
anyone offering rides/test flights?

As an aside I saw a Cougar cross the meadow not to far from where we were
set up. First for me in spite of growing up in the mountains. Weather
was
just as good as it gets. Plenty of room.
If you are not there next year, you are guilty of seriously abusing your
self interests and should receive professional counseling.
Hoped to see "The OTHER Kevin in San..." there but he was apparently a no
show.

I was hoping to get out of work on Friday the 5th to drive up, but got
hit with a MAJOR deadline late on the 4th. Got the stuff done on the
5th but was in such a **** poor mood at that point I bought a bottle
of tequila on the way home and margarita'd myself all weekend. I'm
still kinda irked about it since it could have been prevented with a
little forethought from upper management.

Next on the list is the Golden West Fly-In at Marysville CA. They are
actively seeking rotorcraft participation. Trailer, fly-in, and be there
Thurs eve before 6pm and the dinner is on them for pilots and passengers.
There is a military show at Beal A.F.B the week-end before which leads
into
the Golden West affair. Should be a great show this year. The magazine
will be there looking for opportunity for cover photographs of
helicopters.
BE THERE.

How about some stuff down in my end of the state?

Old May 11th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

I work for a company that builds flight FAA approved flight
simulators.

Good Griefy - No wonder you have such a high interest in aviation.

So do they let you have a little yoke time at the end of a long day.

Perhaps get to fly a jumbo around the patch.
Old May 13th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2006 03:42:21 GMT, Shiver
wrote:

Good Griefy - No wonder you have such a high interest in aviation.

I just love to fly..

So do they let you have a little yoke time at the end of a long day.

I probably have a thousand hours of sim time. Each one that leaves
here is "flown" by me for it's 1st two hours as part of the QC checks
and I usually fly 3 to 4 times more than that before it leaves my shop
I'm offically the "production manager" but I do electrical systesm
design, CAD work, a little gauge programming, gauge graphics,
fabrication, (I'm getting pretty good on the mill) assembly,
mechanical design etc etc.. I wear a LOT of hats around here. It's
a very cool job and I'm able to bug out in the middle of the day and
go fly for real if I want to.

We have a demo in our "showroom" that we screw around in all the time.
(I love shooting autos to oil platforms and building tops) A couple
of the guys here are actually logging time with our CFIs working
towards their tickets. We have 2 Heli CFIs on staff, soon to be 3.

Perhaps get to fly a jumbo around the patch.

We built a Beech BE-1900 UC sim last summer. That thing was awesome..
Took us about a year to design and build and we modeled every system
except the environmental controls. The FAA was very impressed and
certified it on the 1st or 3 days they were out here.

Our lead programmer (CFI-H and Airplane SEL Instrument) logged about
200 hours in it during testing and could literally go get his type
rating right now because of it. I probably logged 50 hours in the
right seat as we tested, tested and tested again. At one point we
gutted the wiring and redesigned it to make it easier to service. I
was kind of sad to see it go because it was a great source of pride
for me.

Wow Kev, you have a great job!

The Monk