Wurtsboro Soaring Article - say what?

Old November 4th 10, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_28_]

Default Wurtsboro Soaring Article - say what?

Got this in my e-mail today. I guess any publicity is better than none
but I got a kick out of some of the writers misunderstandings/
misconceptions.

http://tarrytown.patch.com/articles/...e-in-wurtsboro
Old November 4th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Nov 4, 8:24*am, Mike wrote:
Got this in my e-mail today. I guess any publicity is better than none
but I got a kick out of some of the writers misunderstandings/
misconceptions.

*http://tarrytown.patch.com/articles/...ring-time-in-w....

Just remember, everything you read in the press is
as appropriate and well fact-checked as this...
Old November 4th 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Nov 4, 7:49*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Nov 4, 8:24*am, Mike wrote:

Got this in my e-mail today. I guess any publicity is better than none
but I got a kick out of some of the writers misunderstandings/
misconceptions.

*http://tarrytown.patch.com/articles/...ring-time-in-w...

Just remember, everything you read in the press is
as appropriate and well fact-checked as this...

fwiw this was a persons blog entry, not a newspaper article. although
your point is still valid.
Old November 4th 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today...00/9158248.stm
Old November 4th 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Nov 4, 8:49*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Nov 4, 8:24*am, Mike wrote:

Got this in my e-mail today. I guess any publicity is better than none
but I got a kick out of some of the writers misunderstandings/
misconceptions.

*http://tarrytown.patch.com/articles/...ring-time-in-w...

Just remember, everything you read in the press is
as appropriate and well fact-checked as this...

All that article needed for completeness was a picture of a Std Cirrus
and a caption listing the best L/D at 60:1 :-).

-T8
Old November 4th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

On Nov 4, 8:24*am, Mike wrote:

Got this in my e-mail today. I guess any publicity is better than none
but I got a kick out of some of the writers misunderstandings/
misconceptions.

*http://tarrytown.patch.com/articles/...ring-time-in-w...

Just remember, everything you read in the press is
as appropriate and well fact-checked as this...

All that article needed for completeness was a picture of a Std Cirrus
and a caption listing the best L/D at 60:1 :-).

-T8

Still, what AEF wouldn't like a 21,000 feet flight?
Old November 4th 10, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

You guys are pretty critical of a fluff piece. They did correct it to
2,100 ft.

And it made going soaring sound like a fun lark. We need more of that.
Old November 5th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Nov 4, 2:30*pm, toad wrote:
You guys are pretty critical of a fluff piece. *They did correct it to
2,100 ft.

And it made going soaring sound like a fun lark. *We need more of that.

Ah yes, those balsam airplane models we all built as kids!

Mike

NYT soaring article Bullwinkle Soaring 1 September 22nd 07 02:15 PM
NYT Soaring Article C Koenig Soaring 0 September 21st 07 02:11 PM
Nice soaring article Frank Whiteley Soaring 0 September 20th 06 06:16 PM
Good Article on Soaring Jim Vincent Soaring 3 June 27th 06 04:42 PM
Soaring Article Mike Soaring 1 June 30th 05 12:58 AM