Getting Raptured This Saturday?

Old May 19th 11, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott[_7_]

Default Getting Raptured This Saturday?

On 5-19-2011 22:16, sisu1a wrote:

Let's see...task for day 1...turn area ...
Turn point 1 - erupting volcano
Turn point 2 - lava flow
Turn point 3 - tornado alley
Man, the lift is going to be off the charts!

Is the FAA going to open a rapture window to allow those being saved
to climb through 'Class A'? ...which also begs warning of pilots to
keep vigil. Rapturees may not be terribly concerned, but running into
one of them in your ship at high speeds while they are ascending will
certainly cause a problem. It'll probably be a good idea to check the
NOTAMS before launching.

A properly harnessed team of them may be able to provide a free tow as
well, although they don't launch till 6:00pm...

-pAul

Hope there are no TFRs to foul things up. On the plus side, if we get
intercepted by fighter planes, we can just flip them the bird not having
to worry about any court date.

Old May 20th 11, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

It's BST, but not British Summer Time!
Jim

On May 19, 3:23*pm, Nyal Williams wrote:
Anybody know whether it is EST or CST?

Old May 20th 11, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Paynter[_2_]

On May 19, 7:04*pm, JS wrote:
It's BST, but not British Summer Time!
Jim

On May 19, 3:23*pm, Nyal Williams wrote:

Anybody know whether it is EST or CST?

This is going to play Hell with my contest schedule for the year -
Only one day at the rescheduled Mifflin contest, and Ionia, Cordele,
CCSC, Logan, Uvalde, and Llano are all toast! :-(

TA
Old May 20th 11, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Uh oh. I mis-understood. I thought it was RAPTOR. That family of 7
buzzards that live on the field got me thinking it was something
else. Especially when one of them crapped on the tail of one of my
planes last weekend!

Konfused in Kansas

Old May 20th 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_4_]

"Nyal Williams" wrote in message

I'm going to take an early tow; this thing could go either way.

Anybody know whether it is EST or CST?

Just get your glider trimmed good for hands off descending no pilot flight,
would you? It would be a shame if you left while in the air, and your
glider crashed without having a chance for someone else to use it while you
were gone!

-- Jim in NC

Old May 20th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

This just in from our friends at AOPA. Looks like they are going to
make a day long event out of it. I guess there will be a final mass
takeoff at 18:00. My biggest concern is that after we introduce the
entire planet to the joys of flight, how long will the wait for an
available aircraft be? But maybe the "aviation businesses located at
Frederick Municipal Airport" who are responsible for this, have this
figured out already. And, please, DO NOT forget your photo ID and
leave those banned items (nail clippers, liquids) at home to help our
friends at the TSA process everyone as efficiently as possible.

"Bring the joy of flying to everyone"
People around the world will celebrate the second annual International
Learn to Fly Day on Saturday. As part of the worldwide effort, AOPA,
in conjunction with other aviation businesses located at Frederick
Municipal Airport in Frederick, Md., will host a daylong event
designed to introduce the local community to general aviation

http://www.aopa.org/training/article... mc_id=ebrief
Old May 20th 11, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On May 20, 1:09*pm, Todd wrote:
[...]

http://www.aopa.org/training/article...the_joy_of_fly...

We'll be at the Greeley/Weld County Airport along with the EAA, Army
and Reserve, modellers at the Aims CC Flight Training Center.
Old May 20th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

thought it was RAPTOR. *

O_O Quick! change all your door's lever type handles to knobs. They
can't open doors with doorknobs ya know...
http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/...ptor-comes.jpg

-p
Old May 20th 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

http://xkcd.com/87/
Old May 20th 11, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On May 20, 3:23*pm, Tony wrote:
http://xkcd.com/87/

http://xkcd.com/135/

What happens on Saturday. Grand Mal Piloting 0 March 21st 10 06:16 PM
Temora on Saturday. Peter Hucker Aviation Photos 0 November 11th 06 06:54 PM
Oshkosh - Saturday David Odum Home Built 6 September 24th 05 05:09 PM
Oshkosh - Saturday David Odum Piloting 6 September 24th 05 05:09 PM
Going to Sporty's Saturday-anyone else? Mike W. Piloting 3 April 8th 05 01:23 PM