Saturday pre practice 18 Meters USA #711 reporting

Old June 18th 11, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_13_]

Default Saturday pre practice 18 Meters USA #711 reporting

Yes, four of us flew yesterday. Several of our flights are posted on
the OLC. 7V, 8H, SZ and myself. Ran north to crossroads, then "they
ran to Andrews, Jal, something like #77 and home." I went after
crossroads to Brownfield and that was a sink hole. But out in the blue
hit an 8 kt climb to almost 16 thousand msl.
Task area is simply DRY, not much green anywhere.
More folks are pulling in today, YO, KM, 98, 2BL, GJ. I am running
short on time. Looks like another blue day with 14 thousand and maybe
20 kts in the BL. No pre practice task is called.

#711 reporting.
Old June 19th 11, 01:04 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Always good to get to read about the wonderful soaring that's going on elsewhere. I can only dream about 8 kts to 16000 feet msl. I enjoy perusing the OLC and one day hope to actually understand that which I am perusing. Soar on 711 and hope to see you next year at the Seniors.

Walt

#711 reporting.

Well, I was wrong. Flat wrong about the day being blue and only 14K.
The sky started blooming cus around 11:30 am and then the whole place
exploded. Cloud base ended up well over 18 thousand. 10 kt climbs were
the normal. Virga did appear and yes, we had some wind in the BL
around 15 to 25 kts. I think we had 6 tows and YOYO electric was
flying also, so 7 altogether.
We all landed on 21, which is not the ramp as we usually do, due to
the high winds. But now its become very quiet with hardly any breeze,
so maybe tomorow it will be better than today. More trailers on the
ramp now, P7 pulled in, along with A8, KS, DJ, 6W.
Tomorrows first practice day. The shoot out beings Tuesday, June
21st, 2011.
Check the SSA website for updates, pictures, scores, candy bars, pop
corn and icecream.

#711 reporting