the Italian tax - good news from Torino

Old February 7th 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

Default the Italian tax - good news from Torino

I have news about the Italian tax. Sad news, and finally a limited
solution.

The tax is a reality since last saturday. It must be paid by the owner
(including financial leasing contracts etc), with the exception of
aeroclubs. It is a yearly fee, the amount being fixed for gliders and
balloons (450 Eur./year), and being mass-related (and very expensive)
for powered aircraft.
If the owner is not an Italian resident, he has to pay the full yearly
fee, when his aircraft stays on Italian territory for a period longer
than 48 hrs. I suspect this may be contrary to some international
rules, but so far, so bad!
The tax agency has provided a bank number (IBAN and SWIFT code) for
foreign owners. ref: http://goo.gl/xT1T3 (only in Italian language)

The aeroclub of Torino, in view of the forthcoming competition Coppa
Cittą di Torino, including the 15M Nationals, has announced that they
will take personal responsibility of the tax, thus relieving every
foreign participant from the dues.
http://www.torinoglider.com/

I hope that the other clubs may find it possible to follow Torino's
example, and guarantee our foreign guests a similar agreement.

It sad to note that we, aviation journalists, have written letters to
this (otherwise excellent/acceptable/necessary) government, explaining
all the damage this tax is going to bring to the Italian GA economy.
We will loose much more money from sales taxes on hotels, restaurants,
fuels, maintenance than will ever be collected by this new tax; we
will loose customers for our maintenance workshops.

you are welcome to share this information through your national
magazines and gliding institutions.

aldo cernezzi
www.voloavela.it

Good news and bad news about SPOT 2 devices Frank[_12_] Soaring 6 May 12th 10 06:43 AM
Some good news Jay Honeck Piloting 2 June 22nd 07 05:44 PM
Weak Dollar (Bad News - Good News) JJ Sinclair Soaring 6 January 27th 04 03:06 AM
Your Italian Consultant, your italian business opportunity Techenquire.com Products 2 January 12th 04 08:08 AM
Your Italian Consultant, your italian business opportunity Techenquire.com Aviation Marketplace 0 January 5th 04 02:10 PM