Duckhawk: a real chance of winning US 15m nationals....

Old May 21st 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler (F2)

Default Duckhawk: a real chance of winning US 15m nationals....

I am really impressed! Leading the event after steadily ascending the ranking list all week. Any news on live "in the air" performance vs. traditional gliders? Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?

I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. Winning (Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.

Sean F2
Old May 21st 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On May 20, 10:00*pm, "Sean Fidler (F2)" wrote:
I am really impressed! *Leading the event after *steadily ascending the ranking list all week. *Any news on live "in the air" performance vs. traditional gliders? *Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?

I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. *Winning (Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.

Sean F2

Sean just to be precise, . "Leading the event", the way I see it
ASG-29-15 is first with Jerzy at the controls (XG) so you can't really
say that Duckhawk is leading the event. It sure must be a good glider
but the pilot is the key.

Old May 21st 12, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler (F2)

Fully agree! Jerzy is at a different level. But the DH seems to be trending very positively since early in the contest.

Will DH be at worlds?
Old May 21st 12, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.

Have you ordered one yet Sean??

Old May 21st 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

On May 20, 11:23*pm, Tony wrote:
Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.

Note that the Duckhawk is designed for better high speed
performance... A lot of guys flying around dry or partial water isn't
a great comparison. Wait to see it out west... then we'll know.

2C
Old May 21st 12, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Leslie[_2_]

At 02:37 21 May 2012, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On May 20, 10:00=A0pm, "Sean Fidler (F2)" wrote:
I am really impressed! =A0Leading the event after =A0steadily ascending

t=
he ranking list all week. =A0Any news on live "in the air" performance

vs.
=
traditional gliders? =A0Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?

I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. =A0Winning

(J=
erzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.

Sean F2

Sean just to be precise, . "Leading the event", the way I see it
ASG-29-15 is first with Jerzy at the controls (XG) so you can't really
say that Duckhawk is leading the event. It sure must be a good glider
but the pilot is the key.

Ooooichh

Old May 21st 12, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GARY BOGGS

I wonder how it would do on the Appalachians.

Boggs
Old May 21st 12, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Firth

At 03:23 21 May 2012, Tony wrote:
Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely
subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the
Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.

Have you ordered one yet Sean??

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:00:16 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler (F2) wrote:
I am really impressed! Leading the event after steadily ascending the

ranking list all week. Any news on live "in the air" performance vs.
traditional gliders? Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?

I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. Winning

(Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.

Sean F2

Not incredible or even a first!

Dick Schreder did it with the HP 7 in 1958 and in 1966 with the HP 14.
Not a Regional but the Nationals!!!
But you guys are all too young to remember that!

John F

Old May 21st 12, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On May 21, 8:02*am, John Firth wrote:

Not incredible or even a first!

Dick Schreder did it with the HP 7 in 1958 and in 1966 with the HP 14.
Not a Regional but the Nationals!!!
But you guys are all too young to remember that!

John F

Some of us are too young to remember it first hand, but we have read
about it. And have, in a way, lived it.

Steve Leonard
Current owner, Schreder HP-14, Serial Number 1.
Old May 21st 12, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glen

On May 21, 11:14*am, Steve Leonard wrote:
On May 21, 8:02*am, John *Firth wrote:

Not incredible or even a first!

Dick Schreder did it with the HP 7 in 1958 and in 1966 with the HP 14.
Not a Regional but the Nationals!!!
But you guys are all too young to remember that!

John F

Some of us are too young to remember it first hand, but we have read
about it. *And have, in a way, lived it.

Steve Leonard
Current owner, Schreder HP-14, Serial Number 1.

It’s not the arrow, It’s the Indian!!!

Windward Duckhawk RossFW Soaring 1 August 2nd 10 02:33 PM
Jonker JS1 Winning US 18m Nationals? Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 3 May 21st 08 06:01 PM
Jonker JS1 Winning US 18m Nationals? Paul Remde Soaring 1 May 21st 08 05:08 PM
Location of 2006 US 18m nationals and Sports Class Nationals and 15m ? John Bojack Soaring 2 July 18th 05 02:45 PM
Winning on The Wind II Bob Leve Soaring 1 November 21st 04 03:50 AM