Posting via Google Groups

Old January 30th 05, 11:40 PM
jim rosinski

Default Posting via Google Groups

At first blush this seems totally off-topic. But it is definitely
on-topic in the sense that I only post to the rec.aviation.*
newsgroups, and the formatting of my posts in those newsgroups is
getting seriously mucked up when I use Google Groups to do it. Things
like not wrapping quoted text properly, not honoring blank lines when I
insert them, inserting blank lines when I don't want them, and
sometimes even moving new text up into quoted regions. Anyone else
experience this, and if so know how to get it to work properly? I never
experienced this problem before the latest update to Google Groups. The
really infuriating aspect to all this is that often the "mucked up"
nature of the formatting is only visible *after* being posted!
:
Jim Rosinski

Old January 31st 05, 02:33 AM
Larry Dighera

On 30 Jan 2005 15:40:12 -0800, "jim rosinski"
wrote in .com::

and if so know how to get it to work properly?

Perhaps reverting back to the original user interface will help:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...7&tid=95&tid=1
by AndrewRUK (543993) on Monday December 06, @09:28AM (#11007125)
If you don't like the new itnerface, just use it with a country
code domain rather than .com. I've checked the UK [google.co.uk],
Canadian [google.ca], French [google.fr], German [google.de], and
Australian [google.com.au] versions, and all have the classic
interface, rather than the new one.

Old January 31st 05, 08:15 PM
jim rosinski

RST Engineering wrote:

Outlook Express???

. But it is definitely
on-topic in the sense that I only post to the rec.aviation.*
newsgroups, and the formatting of my posts in those newsgroups is
getting seriously mucked up when I use Google Groups to do it.

Two reasons this won't work for me. One, I'm running Linux not Windows
95% of the time; and two, the news service from my ISP (Qwest) is
****-poor.

Jim Rosinski

Old February 3rd 05, 06:18 AM
Jack Allison

Mozilla...IMHO, way better than Outlook express. It's free, works
great, and best of all, isn't a Microsoft product :-) www.mozilla.org

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Piper Arrow purchasing student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old February 3rd 05, 04:01 PM
Dave Butler

Jack Allison wrote:
Mozilla...IMHO, way better than Outlook express. It's free, works
great, and best of all, isn't a Microsoft product :-) www.mozilla.org

or Agent http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

but this is posted with mozilla. Either one better than Outlook.
Old February 4th 05, 08:13 PM
Jürgen Exner

jim rosinski wrote:
At first blush this seems totally off-topic. But it is definitely
on-topic in the sense that I only post to the rec.aviation.*
newsgroups, and the formatting of my posts in those newsgroups is
getting seriously mucked up when I use Google Groups to do it.

[...]

Well, DejaNews (aka Google) is a great archive for Usenet, but for reading
and posting news you may want to get an actual news reader.

jue