Going to Sporty's Saturday-anyone else?

Old April 8th 05, 03:39 AM
Mike W.

Default Going to Sporty's Saturday-anyone else?

Looks like good weather and Saturday might coincide for once here in central
Ohio. I thought it would be nice to go down and get a free hot dog and do a
little shopping. Never been there myself, anyone here ever go to I69?

--
Hello, my name is Mike, and I am an airplane addict....

Old April 8th 05, 04:30 AM
Steven Barnes

My wife & I went to Sporty's a couple years ago. We were going to KLUK for a
wedding anyway. It was fun to say I was there, but there really wasn't a
whole lot there. Lot's of planes in the pattern to watch. A few vending
machines and a guy running around on one of those little 2 wheel go cart
things.

Bought a couple "I flew to Sporty's" hats.

Old April 8th 05, 05:03 AM
Don Byrer

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:39:38 -0400, "Mike W."
wrote:

Looks like good weather and Saturday might coincide for once here in central
Ohio. I thought it would be nice to go down and get a free hot dog and do a
little shopping. Never been there myself, anyone here ever go to I69?

Went there in Feb, shortly after getting my Private @ LPR, Lorain Co
OH.. Expect training traffic as well as Sporty's traffic. No
biggie, tho...
"Clemont County Traffic" on CTAF...
Not much "shopping"...turns out it's a warehouse with a showroom, not
really a 'shop' as I expected...but they will bring anything out of
the warehouse for you to inspect, and the staff is pleasant and
helpful. Gotta get an "I flew to Sporty's" cap!

Enjoy your trip.

--Don

Don Byrer
Electronics Technician / Friendly but Sarcastic Pilot
FAA Airways Facilites/Tech Ops, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE
Amateur Radio KJ5KB
Instrument Pilot Commercial Student
PP-ASEL 30 Jan 2005 "-IA" 25 Mar 2005

Old April 8th 05, 01:23 PM
Ron Tock

Mike W. wrote:

Looks like good weather and Saturday might coincide for once here in central
Ohio. I thought it would be nice to go down and get a free hot dog and do a
little shopping. Never been there myself, anyone here ever go to I69?

Clermont is about 3 hours flight for me. I may make the trip if I
don't feel like doing yard work.