Hercules Engines

Old January 22nd 04, 09:51 PM
Scet

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Scet" wrote in message

snip
Sorry Jim, but it does work.

Sorry Scat, but it does work and is how the J-52, J57 and J-75 engines

were
instrumented.

What is it you do, little troll?

I said it works Tarver, can't you read?

Scet

Old January 22nd 04, 09:53 PM
Jonathan Stone

In article ,
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Jonathan Stone" wrote in message
In article ,
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Jonathan Stone" wrote in message
In article ,
Tarver Engineering wrote:

No, no, no. The Hercules engine is (as is well-known) a 14-cylinder
sleeve-valve radial.

(Lets see what Tarver makes of that.)

That is a lot of sparkplugs.

No, its completely true. Read carefully.

I see, but you are misusing the term radial WRT turbojets, as the term
radial refers to compressor flow. (ie T-33) Yes, I worked on T-33 motors.

The Hercules engine is 14-a cylinder, sleeve-valve radial reciprocator.
Put down the Sterno and read for comprehension. :-/.

[...]
Old January 22nd 04, 09:53 PM
Scet

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Scet" wrote in message

No it isn't John and you know it from the discussion we had on this

subject
last time....you were wrong then and you are wrong now.

I am still correct, the only difference is that I proved it in this

thread.

You are making a fool of yourself, Scat.

The only thing you proved Tarver is that you resort to childish name calling
when you are wrong.

Scet

Old January 22nd 04, 10:03 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scet" wrote in message

snip
Sorry Jim, but it does work.

Sorry Scat, but it does work and is how the J-52, J57 and J-75 engines

were
instrumented.

What is it you do, little troll?

I said it works Tarver, can't you read?

Do you get what "total" means yet, little troll?

Scet

Old January 22nd 04, 10:07 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scet" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Scet" wrote in message

snip
Yep, an averaged TIT signal on a T56.

Nope, only an idiot would devide the Total.

To devide would only increase the complexity and reduce reliability.

Are you a janitor, by any chance, Scat?

If you had any research skills at all Tarver you would quite easily find

out
how wrong you are and how stupid you look.

Tell us Scat, how an "average" would be more useful than a "total"

Surely you understand that such foolishness is useful only in reducing:
reliability, simplicity and is a complete departure from the naming
conventions for turbo jet engines.

Surely you understand, Scet, that any idiot can put up a URL.

Perhaps you have a URL, Scet. I am certain that if you are an actual
participant in the aerospace industry, that the competent would be
interested in avoiding your employeer.

Old January 22nd 04, 11:44 PM
Scet

"Scet" wrote in message

snip
Yep, an averaged TIT signal on a T56.

Nope, only an idiot would devide the Total.

To devide would only increase the complexity and reduce reliability.

Are you a janitor, by any chance, Scat?

If you had any research skills at all Tarver you would quite easily find

out
how wrong you are and how stupid you look.

Tell us Scat, how an "average" would be more useful than a "total"

Surely you understand that such foolishness is useful only in reducing:
reliability, simplicity and is a complete departure from the naming
conventions for turbo jet engines.

Surely you understand, Scet, that any idiot can put up a URL.

Perhaps you have a URL, Scet. I am certain that if you are an actual
participant in the aerospace industry, that the competent would be
interested in avoiding your employeer.

Ok, one more time for our SPECIAL friends.

On T56 engines the thermocouples are
connected in parallel and pick up TIT, the signal is then averaged. They
are averaged due to the non-uniform temperatures that occur at the turbine
inlet due to the short time of spraying fuel from the nozzle, to fuel
ignition, to introducing the hot gasses at high velocity to the turbine
inlet. The hot gases are not completely mixed and so there are some
stratifications of hotter and cooler areas at the turbine inlet. The
temperature averaging function of the parallel thermocouple circuits
compensates for these non-uniform temperatures.

So humour me Tarver, how is it that you are right and EVERYONE else
including Allison is wrong?????
When I said do some research Tarver I didn't just mean on the internet. If
you had half the contacts that you claim to have you'd be able to find out
within 10 minutes that you are wrong, but that's not what you want is it
Tarver?

You are the only troll around here, the only fact you have established is
that you are an imbicile and are unable to be educated. You have a learning
disability don't you Tarver? I am amazed by the fact that you try to have
some semblance of credibility by stating engineering details and when proven
wrong resort to name calling...I mean Scat????....there is no evidence
provided by you to back up your claims and if anyone else provides a link
you have the notion that people are going to go out of their way and
actually create a website to prove you wrong???? How bizarre is that????
What's going on with that twisted thought process?? That's just not
normal.....you have serious issues that need to be addressed.

Scet

Old January 22nd 04, 11:51 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scet" wrote in message

On T56 engines the thermocouples are
connected in parallel and pick up TIT, the signal is then averaged.

Nope, the signals are sent to a totalizer and totaled; similar to every
other turbo jet engine. A devide circuit serves absolutely no purpose in
the processing of TIT data.

So, Scet, who pays you to be this incompetent?