KS Duo Action

Old December 24th 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default KS Duo Action

The Duo ride program will be entering its tenth year in 2012 and seats
are available for the Sport National contest in Parowan, UT June
20-28.

Cost is the same as 10 years ago: $200/day.

Thrill to victory (or agonize in defeat), learn secret swear words,
whistling/singing optional at no charge.

Karl Striedieck

karls at uplink.net
Old December 25th 11, 02:45 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Striedieck[_2_] View Post

karls at uplink.net
I would like to highly recommend this experience, especially to those of us newer to soaring. Karl makes it look easy. One recommendation I would make for the as yet uninitiated would be several, (and I mean several) test runs with the old condom catheter and a leg bag. Wear it during the day a number of times to decide which size condom you need. The "tighter is better" position is doo doo if you ask me. Get it too tight and your little friend will look like a rat trapped in a clear plastic pipe when you try to "pull out." Many medical supply stores require that you special order the LARGE size but hey, a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.

For a real chuckle go to youtube and find "David Sedaris, Stadium Pal." Makes the condom catheter positively hilarious.

Walt

karls at uplink.net

How do I sign up?

Jacek
Old December 27th 11, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Dec 25, 6:45*am, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:

;801052']The Duo ride program will be entering its tenth year in 2012

karls at uplink.net

--
Walt Connelly

hmmmm..........................you're not suggesting that flying with
Karl is enough to scare the **** out of folks are you?

Brad
Old December 28th 11, 08:36 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

hmmmm..........................you're not suggesting that flying with
Karl is enough to scare the **** out of folks are you?

Brad[/quote]

I have about 1000 hours of combat flying time during the Vietnam War so I have had the **** scared out of me by the very best. No, Karl's flying is fine but I worry about some of the older, blind guys and I don't mean to be disparaging of someone's age, just their eyesight. As for the condom cath, Karl ain't gonna pull over on a cloud if you say you gotta go pee pee.

As for the guy asking how to sign up, Karl has his email at the end of his message. He can tell you what days are still open, you will love it I assure you. Just be sure to take my advice about the condom catheter. Also remember to shave back the old pubes a bit prior to installation if ya know what I mean.

Walt

Duo Action Karl Striedieck Soaring 1 December 10th 08 01:05 AM
Parowan R9 Duo Action Karl Striedieck Soaring 4 January 25th 07 12:24 AM
OLC - Action Needed Ian Cant Soaring 46 April 12th 06 05:43 PM
USAF in action noname Military Aviation 1 July 11th 04 09:36 PM
AAR [After Action Report] Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo Simulators 0 August 3rd 03 12:52 AM