A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LS3A rudder needed

Old November 22nd 20, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LS3A rudder needed

Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder. The two ships that we have will be used to make a very nice sailplane that will be used for our members and youth glider development program. If any of you have or know of a rudder either whole or repairable please let me know. Thanks, Bob
Old November 28th 20, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Branham
external usenet poster

On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 1:13:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder. The two ships that we have will be used to make a very nice sailplane that will be used for our members and youth glider development program. If any of you have or know of a rudder either whole or repairable please let me know. Thanks, Bob

Bob: I am still interested in purchasing the LS trailer. Can you email me please at

Thanks.

Ron
Old November 28th 20, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 2:13:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Does any body know if the rudder of a LS3 compatible with one off of a LS7?

Uli
'AS'
Old December 5th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce C
external usenet poster

Bob

We have a Phoebus and are also interested in one of the trailers that you mentioned. How do I contact you?

Bruce
Weirsdale Glider Club
Old December 6th 20, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 8:21:32 AM UTC-5, Bruce C wrote:
Bob

We have a Phoebus and are also interested in one of the trailers that you mentioned. How do I contact you?

Bruce
Weirsdale Glider Club

Bruce, youngblood8116 @gmail.com
Old December 6th 20, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:34:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 8:21:32 AM UTC-5, Bruce C wrote:
Bob

Bruce
Weirsdale Glider Club

Bruce, youngblood8116 @gmail.com

Are you guys up at Love's Landing. I think Scott or Dave give you guys a tow every now and then. Bob
Old December 8th 20, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce C
external usenet poster

Yes we are based at Love's Landing. We operate a Schweizer 2-33 and a Phoebus. Scott an Dave not only provided tows until one of our neighbors bought a Pawnee. Thet also helped us get our operation up and running. There would not be gliders at Love's if not for all their help.

Old December 8th 20, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, December 7, 2020 at 7:42:20 PM UTC-5, Bruce C wrote:
Yes we are based at Love's Landing. We operate a Schweizer 2-33 and a Phoebus. Scott an Dave not only provided tows until one of our neighbors bought a Pawnee. Thet also helped us get our operation up and running. There would not be gliders at Love's if not for all their help.

Bruce, Scotty, Dave and I go back to the old Thermal Research days in Miami.. I have the old trailer that the Pheobus was in, and also another one just like it. 500 or best offer. You want to get a good laugh just ask Scotty about the day I pulled him out of the middle of the Everglades. Our club also has a Phoebus that was just restored for our youth program, you can go to Facebook, Soaring Group and see some very good pics of the project, we hope to have it featured in Soaring magazine very soon. You will also see a couple of pics of the 233 that I am restoring for the youth program, it should be finished very soon, getting ready to paint the wings.
FD25 is where my place is, we fly gliders at X52, I was the founding member, got things rolling and giving a bit back at this stage of life. Come on down and join us for a great weekend, Scotty comes down often and volunteers his time and instruction for our club. Bob
Old December 15th 20, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall
external usenet poster

On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 11:13:48 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder...

Do you have anything left of the original rudder? We can make a copy if there is something to start from.
Old December 15th 20, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_32_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:35:25 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 11:13:48 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder...

Do you have anything left of the original rudder? We can make a copy if there is something to start from.

Bob, I have a rudder I can lend you if you and the club agree to go this route. I would donate it to the club but I need it for my LS-3 project.
Mike