Anyone here who...

Old November 8th 04, 01:17 AM
Carl Orton

The B-2 full motion simulator at Tinker.

"Ramapriya" wrote in message
om...
... has piloted a 747? Just curious
While we're at it, which is the biggest aircraft each of you have flown?

Ramapriya

Old November 8th 04, 01:47 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Ramapriya wrote:

While we're at it, which is the biggest aircraft each of you have flown?

Cessna 172 - 2,300 pounds at full load.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old November 8th 04, 03:18 AM
Capt.Doug

"Morgans" wrote in message Is your name Zoom?

I've flown the Space Shuttle. I've logged over 200 aircraft carrier
night-time traps in it. It exhibits good phugoid characteristics. I used to
fly the Space Shuttle to Ethiopia on humanitarian missions. I was shuttle
commander, pilot, and mission doctor at the same time!

Z.

Old November 8th 04, 03:44 AM
john smith

Dudley, what's more fun and exciting than stalling a Breezy?

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Biggest; DC8
Fastest; F14A
Slowest; Breezy :-)
Trickiest; D18 Beech
Most fun; P51D

Old November 8th 04, 04:24 AM
Dudley Henriques

"john smith" wrote in message
Dudley, what's more fun and exciting than stalling a Breezy?

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Biggest; DC8
Fastest; F14A
Slowest; Breezy :-)
Trickiest; D18 Beech
Most fun; P51D

I gotta tell ya John; I was at an EAA flyin and was offered a flight in
that thing. My wife took one look at it and REALLY didn't want me to do
it. I couldn't resist it though and accepted the kind offer. Man, was
THAT an experience!! By the time I rotated I was wondering just what the
hell I had in mind when I decided to do it!! :-) But after I got used to
sitting out in space on a deck chair with the wind blowing up my butt at
pattern altitude, the rest was a "breeze" so to speak. I actually did
some stalls. (standard procedure before landing a strange beast like
that). They were "kinda cute" :-)))
Dudley

Old November 8th 04, 04:28 AM
Jose

But after I got used to
sitting out in space on a deck chair with the wind blowing up my butt at
pattern altitude, the rest was a "breeze" so to speak.

Is the Breezy an ultralight?

Jose
--
Freedom. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Old November 8th 04, 05:02 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Jose" wrote in message
om...
But after I got used to sitting out in space on a deck chair with the
wind blowing up my butt at pattern altitude, the rest was a "breeze"
so to speak.

Is the Breezy an ultralight?

Jose

I'm not quite sure how it would be classified these days with all the
reg changes going on. In those days it was experimental. It was however
heavier than an ultralight.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
for email; take out the trash

Old November 8th 04, 05:07 AM
Morgans

"Jose" wrote

pattern altitude, the rest was a "breeze" so to speak.

Is the Breezy an ultralight?

Jose

No, but close to it, in ideals. Verrry open, as it is a truss frame with a
wing, tail, engine, seat and wheels bolted to it. See
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ges/breezy.php

There is an ultralight version called lil' breezy.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 8th 04, 06:04 AM
Jay Beckman

"Ramapriya" wrote in message
om...
... has piloted a 747? Just curious
While we're at it, which is the biggest aircraft each of you have flown?

Ramapriya

No 747s...

Biggest (and baddest...) I've flown is a North American T6 "Texan."

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask::

Can I retroactively log a "Walter Mitty" aerobatic flight with an outfit
called North American Top Gun as dual instruction? It was a Christmas gift
from my wife about three years ago...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
PP-ASEL

Old November 8th 04, 06:07 AM
Jay Beckman

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...

But after I got used to sitting out in space on a deck chair with the wind
blowing up my butt at pattern altitude, the rest was a "breeze" so to
speak.

Damn,

Ruined another perfectly good keyboard!!!

Dudley, you have to put up a disclaimer before you toss out a gem like
this!!

LOL!!!

Jay