Rewiring boom mike for ASW27

Old December 5th 14, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Rewiring boom mike for ASW27

Anyone who has flown with me knows the quality of my radio transmissions both in and out really blows. I'm ripping out as much as possible and starting fresh. It would be great to replace the boom mike wiring through the right side wall to make sure it is not part of the problem. Has anyone replaced this wire? Is it possible to just connect a new wire onto it and just pull the new one through?

Thanks,
Bruno - B4
Old December 5th 14, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I did that in my LAK-17a but that was because I was troubleshooting
what turned out to be a broken wire at the mic element. Soldering new
wire to the mic takes a bit of care.

--
---
Dan Marotta
Old December 5th 14, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, December 5, 2014 10:57:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Anyone who has flown with me knows the quality of my radio transmissions both in and out really blows. I'm ripping out as much as possible and starting fresh. It would be great to replace the boom mike wiring through the right side wall to make sure it is not part of the problem. Has anyone replaced this wire? Is it possible to just connect a new wire onto it and just pull the new one through?

Thanks,
Bruno - B4

Easiest way is as you described. Use old wire to pull new wire forward. Hopefully you mike cable will be long enough to get to the connector at the radio and avoid additional connections.
Have fun
UH
Old December 5th 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Friday, December 5, 2014 7:57:09 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Anyone who has flown with me knows the quality of my radio transmissions both in and out really blows. I'm ripping out as much as possible and starting fresh. It would be great to replace the boom mike wiring through the right side wall to make sure it is not part of the problem. Has anyone replaced this wire? Is it possible to just connect a new wire onto it and just pull the new one through?

Thanks,
Bruno - B4

What Hank said. If you blow it and lose the wire I've had good success with feeding a thin rigid wire forward through the hole & then attaching the mic wire to that to pull back through. Enjoy this quality winter time with your sailplane.
Craig
Old December 5th 14, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Easiest way is as you described. Use old wire to pull new wire forward. Hopefully you mike cable will be long enough to get to the connector at the radio and avoid additional connections.
Have fun
UH

Be advised - Hank's definition of "fun" isn't the same as most normal pilots.

p3

Old December 5th 14, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks everyone! Glad it should be as straight forward as it seemed.

Best,
Bruno - B4
Old December 5th 14, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Friday, 5 December 2014 15:23:49 UTC-7, wrote:
Thanks everyone! Glad it should be as straight forward as it seemed.

Best,
Bruno - B4

Just because you get a better sounding microphone does not mean you should talk more.
Old December 5th 14, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Friday, December 5, 2014 2:23:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Thanks everyone! Glad it should be as straight forward as it seemed.

Best,
Bruno - B4

Stretch the sting on the soup can tight. The mic will not work with a loose string.

Richard
Old December 5th 14, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Just because you get a better sounding microphone does not mean you should talk more.

Busted! Damn you know me all too well Ron. Very funny! Still laughing...

Bruno - B4

Aircraft rewiring Brinks Owning 0 December 21st 06 10:51 PM
Rogue's Gallery Update - Mike R's Helio & Mike G's Saratoga Jay Honeck Home Built 1 December 3rd 04 09:16 PM
Rogue's Gallery Update - Mike R's Helio & Mike G's Saratoga Jay Honeck Piloting 1 December 3rd 04 09:16 PM
Icom Boom Mike Kevin Neave Soaring 2 September 25th 03 09:39 AM
Boom-mike cannula Jay Products 3 September 19th 03 03:10 PM