buzzing a Moscow highway

Old January 15th 05, 08:12 PM
HECTOP

Default buzzing a Moscow highway

Two genius (Beavis & Butthead with an airplane) friends of
mine, today just outside of Moscow, Russia.

http://www.maxho.com/lj/balbesy.jpg

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
Old January 15th 05, 09:04 PM
C J Campbell

"HECTOP" wrote in message
Two genius (Beavis & Butthead with an airplane) friends of
mine, today just outside of Moscow, Russia.

Hey, Yuri! Haven't seen you around much, lately.

Old January 15th 05, 09:29 PM
HECTOP

In article you wrote:
Hey, Yuri! Haven't seen you around much, lately.

Glad you still remember me I was actually very pre-occupied running a Russian aviation portal,
and a few other projects, just checking in every now and then when I have fun stuff to share.

Blue skies!

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
Old January 16th 05, 12:30 PM
Roger Long

And with the tail number readable on the panel! Does Mother Russia
have an FAA equivalent?

--

Roger Long

"C J Campbell" wrote in
message ...

Old January 16th 05, 02:18 PM
Proton

On 15 Jan 2005 14:12:27 -0500, HECTOP wrote:

Two genius (Beavis & Butthead with an airplane) friends of
mine, today just outside of Moscow, Russia.

http://www.maxho.com/lj/balbesy.jpg

Uh huh huhhuhu....

Damn, that's low and close to the trees....

Old January 16th 05, 10:10 PM
City Dweller

How are things with General Aviation in Russia nowadays? I heard there are
still no laws governing it, and only a privileged few can fly. The skies
still belong to the miliatary, an old Communist legacy.

- cd

Old January 17th 05, 02:27 AM
HECTOP

In rec.aviation.piloting Roger Long wrote:
And with the tail number readable on the panel! Does Mother Russia

Where'd you see a tail number?

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
Old January 17th 05, 02:28 AM
HECTOP

In rec.aviation.piloting City Dweller wrote:
How are things with General Aviation in Russia nowadays? I heard there are
still no laws governing it, and only a privileged few can fly. The skies

Pretty much that's the truth. And guys like these don't help the situation either. I mean it's fun to watch (I have a video), but I still think this was extremely irresponsible of them.

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
Old January 17th 05, 06:31 PM
Jon Woellhaf

It looks like the altimeter is indicating slightly below zero -- what? --
meters?. I thought Moscow was around 200 meters. Did they set it to zero on
the ground, perhaps?

Old January 17th 05, 08:09 PM
HECTOP

In rec.aviation.piloting Jon Woellhaf wrote:
It looks like the altimeter is indicating slightly below zero -- what? --
meters?. I thought Moscow was around 200 meters. Did they set it to zero on
the ground, perhaps?

Yes, they set it to zero on the ground (QFE), just like everywhere else in Europe.
And also don't forget that aneroid altimeters have a certain margin of error,
especially when it's cold or warm. (I totally forgot what's the legal allowance is,
I think it's 25')

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA