G-Meters

Old October 4th 05, 08:56 PM
Paul Remde

Default G-Meters

Hi,

I want to be able to stock and sell G-Meters for my soaring pilot customers.
I am having a difficult time finding vendors.

The Falcon line looks interesting, but it is for experimental aircraft
only - if I understand their web site correctly - they sell non-TSO'd
instruments. http://www.falcongauge.com/

I'd really like to find a source that is OK for use in any glider.

Any suggestions? What brand do you have in your glider?

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old October 4th 05, 09:15 PM
Paul Remde

One additional note. I just noticed that the "Falcon Gauge" products are
sometimes referred to as "Wultrad" products.

Paul

Old October 4th 05, 09:42 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Todd,

Good point. Many soaring instruments are not TSO'd. But I have a customer
who wants to install a G meter in his certificated Grob 103 and wants an
instruments that would be "legal" and correct. I think that makes sense. I
would want to do things "correctly" with my glider as well - if possible.

Paul Remde

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"Paul Remde" wrote:

The Falcon line looks interesting, but it is for experimental aircraft
only - if I understand their web site correctly - they sell non-TSO'd
instruments. http://www.falcongauge.com/

I'd really like to find a source that is OK for use in any glider.

This is one of the reasons I like my experimental
certificate - fewer "issues," but if you don't mind me
asking - you sell glider flight computers from Cambridge, LX
and Ilec. Are those TSO'd? If not, why not sell the
G-meter under the same conditions, or is there some relevant
difference between G-meters and flight computers?

T o d d P a t t i s t - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Old October 4th 05, 10:27 PM
Tim Mara

and non-certified.........as noted on my website
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page23.htm
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old October 4th 05, 10:34 PM
Tim Mara

do you know what TSO is? where it IS and ISN'T required?.most, including the
vast majority of the Fed's don't.and simply say "must be TSO'D......not
true.but also there are Certified and Non-Certified aircraft
instruments.......and "required" instruments and some need some
certification.....and some don't....
I'll just betcha the re is a vast number, if not majority of gliders flying
around with illegal equipment and worse, illegal installations of even legal
stuff.glider pilots tend to be their own mechanics....and are not allowed to
be their own mechanics.....and should (Should) at the very least have a
mechanic sign off any and all installations....even in "experimental"
aircraft.....unless to owner is the builder.......there are big differences
in Experimental :homebuilt" and "Exhibition and Racing" and so on.......but
that's another thread.....
BTW, I do sell certified and non certified instruments.many are good, some
are not so good.....regardless of how or if they are certified.....and that
too.is another thread )
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old October 4th 05, 10:51 PM
Nyal Williams

We need a comprehensive article on this subject by
a qualified expert.

What about all flight computers and loggers?
What about GPS?
What about clocks -- those stick-on timers, etc?
What about gear warning systems?
What about our batteries?

Can there be any instrument on board, attached to the
panel or not, associated with flight for which a TSO
is unnecessary? And does it matter whether the glider
is experimental or standard?

This IS a can of worms, but is ignorance an excuse?

Old October 4th 05, 11:08 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, Nyal Williams wrote:

We need a comprehensive article on this subject by
a qualified expert.

I think that Jim Weir wrote that article about fifteen years ago. I'll
see if I can still dig it up.

Old October 4th 05, 11:18 PM
Mal

How many aircraft have current calibrated altimeters ?

Old October 5th 05, 12:29 AM
Andy

My airplane does since it is operated under IFR. My glider does not.
ref Section 91.411: Altimeter system and altitude reporting equipment
tests and inspections.

Andy

2005 SSA Handicaps Posted Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 31 April 22nd 05 04:54 AM
Polar Analysis from flight logs? Mark Zivley Soaring 87 January 13th 05 12:34 AM
gps to measure feet? brucrx Piloting 19 November 13th 04 03:33 AM
Night of the bombers - the most daring special mission of Finnishbombers in WW2 Jukka O. Kauppinen Military Aviation 4 March 22nd 04 11:19 PM
WWII warplanes vs combat sim realism [email protected] Military Aviation 37 November 27th 03 05:24 AM