Piper Pathfinder Article

Old March 11th 04, 02:42 AM
Jim Fisher

"john smith" wrote in message
Pathfinder 182
( . . . )
takeoff run (ft) 850 705
landing run (ft) 1,040 590

Manliness 100 .001

--
Jim Fisher

Old March 11th 04, 03:16 AM
Mike Rapoport

How does this rate on the manliness scale?

http://www.mach3graphics.com/misc%20...20&%20MU2J.jpg

Mike
MU-2

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
. ..
"john smith" wrote in message
Pathfinder 182
( . . . )
takeoff run (ft) 850 705
landing run (ft) 1,040 590

Manliness 100 .001

--
Jim Fisher

Old March 11th 04, 03:17 AM
Mike Rapoport

Another photo of a manly high wing.

http://www.mach3graphics.com/misc%20...20&%20MU2J.jpg

Mike
MU-2

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
. ..
"john smith" wrote in message
Pathfinder 182
( . . . )
takeoff run (ft) 850 705
landing run (ft) 1,040 590

Manliness 100 .001

--
Jim Fisher

Old March 11th 04, 03:36 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
hlink.net...
How does this rate on the manliness scale?

http://www.mach3graphics.com/misc%20...20&%20MU2J.jpg

It's be better if the MU2 was in the back and honking...

Old March 11th 04, 05:49 AM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:55:57 -0800, "David Brooks"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

You don't need one below 14,500'.

... for 30 minutes.

...on a day with low enough pressure to reduce the cabin altitude by 500'.

Thanks.

§ 91.211 Supplemental oxygen.
(a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S.
registry—

(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and
including 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight
crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen for that part
of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes
duration;

Old March 11th 04, 06:29 AM
Blanche

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:36:31 GMT, Larry Dighera

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:25:11 GMT, "Jay Honeck"

I don't have an oxygen system.

You don't need one below 14,500'.

... for 30 minutes.

There's a really big difference between the FARs and your body's
requirements. Just because you are allowed doesn't mean you should.

Old March 11th 04, 07:11 AM
Michael 182

What's that other plane trying to intimidate you?

Michael

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
hlink.net...
How does this rate on the manliness scale?

http://www.mach3graphics.com/misc%20...20&%20MU2J.jpg

Mike
MU-2

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
. ..
"john smith" wrote in message
Pathfinder 182
( . . . )
takeoff run (ft) 850 705
landing run (ft) 1,040 590

Manliness 100 .001

--
Jim Fisher

Old March 11th 04, 01:46 PM
Larry Dighera

On 10 Mar 2004 23:29:43 -0700, Blanche
wrote in Message-Id: :

There's a really big difference between the FARs and your body's
requirements. Just because you are allowed doesn't mean you should.

I'm sure you are correct about the difference between individual
tolerance to hypoxia. I recall reading that General Yeager was able
to withstand operating at 20,000' without oxygen.

Old March 11th 04, 03:04 PM
Mike Rapoport

AN225, a one of a kind, six engine monster.

Jay, you could put your Pathfinder (full fuel, four 200lb people and
baggage), AND the Mighty Grape, AND your motel inside and bring the lot to
OSH where you could probably get a lot more for your aviation suites.

Mike
MU-2

"Michael 182" wrote in message
What's that other plane trying to intimidate you?

Michael

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
hlink.net...
How does this rate on the manliness scale?

http://www.mach3graphics.com/misc%20...20&%20MU2J.jpg

Mike
MU-2

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
. ..
"john smith" wrote in message
Pathfinder 182
( . . . )
takeoff run (ft) 850 705
landing run (ft) 1,040 590
Manliness 100 .001

--
Jim Fisher

Old March 11th 04, 03:52 PM
Jay Honeck

Jay, you could put your Pathfinder (full fuel, four 200lb people and
baggage), AND the Mighty Grape, AND your motel inside and bring the lot to
OSH where you could probably get a lot more for your aviation suites.

Yeah, I saw that monster a few years ago -- I think at OSH?

It was parked nose-to-nose with our own C-5 Galaxy -- quite a sight!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA