Dittel FSG50 squelch

Old May 10th 19, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Dittel FSG50 squelch

Little thread drift here
I've got a FSG 71 M that I've sent in to Pennisula a couple of times and I think I should get a back up from Europe as I don't want to spend any more $ on this old radio.
What radio would use the same plug from my FSG 71 M so I don't have to rewire the plug, so if at a contest I could just change it out in a few minute's?
Anything?
Thanks in advance
Old May 10th 19, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 1:16:39 PM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
I am seeking the ability to adjust the squelch on our club's G102. I have info on the location of the pot for a FSG71m/70, but not the FSG50/60. Recently it is breaking squelch full time. I have searched for stray RF, and not found any. Of course, it could be a more serious problem, but the radio is not worth the cost to send to Penninsula for a checkup. If adjustment doesn't do it, it gets replaced.

I don't have a schematic, and I don't have a VHF signal generator. Just want to tweak it by ear.

So a diagram showing the location of the pot would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hartley Falbaum
hfalbaum . at. comcast.c0m

Dittel FSG 2T is a plug and play replacement. FSG 70 is also--it is non-memory but otherwise the same as FSG 71M. The Older Dittels are not direct replacement and neither are the Beckers. I don't know about Xcom and Trig.
Old May 11th 19, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Hartley
Is that FSG 2 T you mentioned a much newer radio? Are these for sale in Europe?
How about the FSG 70? When were those produced?
Thanks in advance!
Old May 11th 19, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nick I bought a FSG71M from europe for $200 another 30 for shipping. in and using it now no issues.

CH
Old May 11th 19, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 1:16:39 PM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
I am seeking the ability to adjust the squelch on our club's G102. I have info on the location of the pot for a FSG71m/70, but not the FSG50/60. Recently it is breaking squelch full time. I have searched for stray RF, and not found any. Of course, it could be a more serious problem, but the radio is not worth the cost to send to Penninsula for a checkup. If adjustment doesn't do it, it gets replaced.

I don't have a schematic, and I don't have a VHF signal generator. Just want to tweak it by ear.

So a diagram showing the location of the pot would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hartley Falbaum
hfalbaum . at. comcast.c0m

Nick;

The SG 2T is the current model. They might be if they were eh correct frequency spacing (there is 2 versions) so-check Segelflug.de and find out whats there.
The FSG70/71M dates back to 1994 or maybe earlier.

Hartley
Old May 11th 19, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Nick,
Please contact me at HCDswiss at gmail
I can help you with the 2t
Old May 12th 19, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

KRT2 has an adapter that allows for direct plug and play for older Dittels like the FSG2T and 71M. The KRT2 also has the mic gain adjustment on the front of the panel so microphone transfer works OK. The only problem is that the KRT2 box is about 2" shorter than the old Dittels - so maybe your wires won't reach. I had trouble with the antenna cable reaching but got it resolved with a little work. I am reasonably happy with the KRT2.
Roy
Old May 12th 19, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 1:16:39 PM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
I am seeking the ability to adjust the squelch on our club's G102. I have info on the location of the pot for a FSG71m/70, but not the FSG50/60. Recently it is breaking squelch full time. I have searched for stray RF, and not found any. Of course, it could be a more serious problem, but the radio is not worth the cost to send to Penninsula for a checkup. If adjustment doesn't do it, it gets replaced.

I don't have a schematic, and I don't have a VHF signal generator. Just want to tweak it by ear.

So a diagram showing the location of the pot would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hartley Falbaum
hfalbaum . at. comcast.c0m

Hmmm!
Nick--information of FoxOne website indicates that Microair 760 is a "plug and play" replacement for the FSG71M
Old May 12th 19, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Hartley
Thanks for that information
I might just splurge and buy a new radio and be done with it for [ hopefully ] a long time
Thank you

Old May 12th 19, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 2:41:58 PM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Little thread drift here
I've got a FSG 71 M that I've sent in to Pennisula a couple of times and I think I should get a back up from Europe as I don't want to spend any more $ on this old radio.
What radio would use the same plug from my FSG 71 M so I don't have to rewire the plug, so if at a contest I could just change it out in a few minute's?
Anything?
Thanks in advance

The FSG2T is a plug and play replacement for the FSG71M.
Jim