Correcting Poly-Brush mistake

Old November 20th 03, 03:39 AM
Larry Smith

"dale" wrote in message ...
Mr. Smith I stand by what I said. Smoothing is using the iron to smooth

the
Poly Tak underneath the fabric and before any Poly Brush has been put on.
Once Poly Brush has been applied the iron is only used on the pinked edges
of the tapes.
Dale
PS Don't be so ugly.

FO.

Read, if you are capable, (which is in doubt) the key sentence in the "Heat
Smoothing" chapter. It says, "The iron's heat replaces most of the
sanding." Now if you're also capable of understanding (which is also a
matter of considerable doubt) that this chapter comes along in chronological
order AFTER a coat of Poly-Brush, could you not admit that the irons may be
used to smooth out the coat of Poly-Brush. I doubt it, but at least the
poor guy you have gravely misled can know where to find the correct
procedure for smoothing the Poly-Brush before he goes to the Poly-Spray.

O-Ring the Dingaling claims he's an IA. What the hell you do you claim to
be? (Other than someone with a head as hard and thick as adamantine stone?)

Old November 20th 03, 06:03 AM
Ed Sullivan

"Larry Smith" wrote in message ...
"dale" wrote in message ...
[...]

O-Ring has restored two Grand Champion Aircraft, one a fabric
covered Bellanca and the other a Cessna 310. He operates a highly
thought of Restoration shop. What the **** have you accomplished.
Old November 20th 03, 01:23 PM
Larry Smith

"Ed Sullivan" wrote in message [...]
O-Ring has restored two Grand Champion Aircraft, one a fabric
covered Bellanca and the other a Cessna 310. He operates a highly
thought of Restoration shop. What the **** have you accomplished.

Well, then, I congratulate him and suggest he read the latest Polyfiber
manual on heat smoothing.

Oooh, I'm impressed, and equally impressed with you too as his spicy press
agent. Grand champeen may mean he knows how to manipulate EAA politics like
Col. So-and-So here (a WWII fighter ace) who didn't build the airplane but
put his name on it and received GC at Oshkosh. He loves to tell the story
about it, btw, and sardonically horselaughs about pulling one over on them
at Osh. We ALL get a good horselaugh about it, Eddie.

When I work on an airplane I don't do it to be a show-ass. I do it for
safety, modest aesthetics, and durability. If you read the Poly-Fiber
manual you would know that Oringdingaling went out on a limb in this thread
and it broke with him.

Old November 20th 03, 02:27 PM
Larry Smith

"Ed Sullivan" wrote in message
om...
"Larry Smith" wrote in message

[...]
O-Ring has restored two Grand Champion Aircraft, one a fabric
covered Bellanca and the other a Cessna 310. He operates a highly
thought of Restoration shop. What the **** have you accomplished.

Name the shop and the events where he stole the GC awards so we who now know
him as a huckster can laugh up our sleeves at them.

Old November 20th 03, 04:55 PM

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:27:22 -0500, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

:
:"Ed Sullivan" wrote in message
. com...
: "Larry Smith" wrote in message
: [...]
: O-Ring has restored two Grand Champion Aircraft, one a fabric
: covered Bellanca and the other a Cessna 310. He operates a highly
: thought of Restoration shop. What the **** have you accomplished.
:
:Name the shop and the events where he stole the GC awards so we who now know
:him as a huckster can laugh up our sleeves at them.
:
It's just a little one at the end of July in Wisconsin. You probably
haven't ever heard of it.
Old November 20th 03, 10:45 PM
Jimmy Galvin

You fellows have it in for Larry and maybe deservedly so but he is right on
this. In the current Poly Fiber Manual Rev. No. 20 July 2001 in the left
column of page 52 the second paragraph from the bottom states: "Dried vinyl
products, like Poly-Brush and Poly-Tak, start to soften at about 200
degrees. That means you can soften drips, glue bumps and runs at this
temperature. You can actually iron out a dried Poly-Brush drip, or you can
soften a lump of Poly-Tak under fabric, and iron it smooth."
"dale" wrote in message ...
Mr. Smith I stand by what I said. Smoothing is using the iron to smooth

the
Poly Tak underneath the fabric and before any Poly Brush has been put on.
Once Poly Brush has been applied the iron is only used on the pinked edges
of the tapes.
Dale
PS Don't be so ugly.

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

"dale" wrote in message

WRONG! WRONG!WRONG!

That's right. You A R E wrong, wrong, wrong.

Read the manual again several times.

If he read it once, that's more than you've read it.

Ironing is all done before you put on
the Poly Brush. The only ironing done after the Poly Brush is to the

pinked
edges of the tapes. Put that iron out in the middle of the fabric and

it
will melt the Poly Brush leaving marks in it. Brush marks are leveled

out
by
the spray coats of Poly Brush and Poly Spray which is last.

You are not reading from the Polyfiber manual, then.

Correct on the pink. The pink tint is only there so you can see where

you
have been and is not recommended inside the cockpit unless it is

painted.

This is another one who probably did his last cover job --- a patch on a
hangarqueen wing --- in 1950. Get thee to a manual and read pages 52

and
53 --- "Heat Smoothing."

Old November 20th 03, 11:16 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, "Larry Smith" wrote:

...so we who now know him as a huckster
can laugh up our sleeves at them.

Larry, you sounded like a nice enough guy when I talked to you on the
phone. I didn't at all mind sending your friend those long rivets for
free for his push-pull tubes. But this thread suggests to me that you
take way too much pleasure in personal attacks and pointless
put-downs. From here on out I've pretty much written you off.

Thanks, and best regards

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com
Old November 21st 03, 12:31 AM
Larry Smith

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
om...
Earlier, "Larry Smith" wrote:

...so we who now know him as a huckster
can laugh up our sleeves at them.

Larry, you sounded like a nice enough guy when I talked to you on the
phone. I didn't at all mind sending your friend those long rivets for
free for his push-pull tubes. But this thread suggests to me that you
take way too much pleasure in personal attacks and pointless
put-downs. From here on out I've pretty much written you off.

Thanks, and best regards

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com

Here is the thread:

1 Craig Foster Nov 18, 2003
\-2 Larry Smith Nov 18, 2003
\-3 dale Nov 18, 2003
|-4 Larry Smith Nov 19, 2003
|-5 O-ring Seals Nov 19, 2003
| |-6 Larry Smith Nov 19, 2003
| \-7 Larry Smith Nov 19, 2003
\-8 Larry Smith Nov 19, 2003
\-9 dale Nov 19, 2003
|-10 Nov 19, 2003
\-11 Larry Smith Nov 19, 2003
\-12 Ed Sullivan

Who attacked whom? I counterattacked when two jumped in with personal
insults after I had given Craig Foster good information by the book and
referred him to the manual. Oh, and by the way, both of the gratuitous
personal attackers gave advice which directly contradicted the current
Poly-Fiber manual. Neither of them is man enough to admit he is wrong.

As for my friend in Highlands he told me he had invited you to his
promontory home, which is quite beautiful and hospitable. If you feel like
you were had on the rivets, let me know the cost and I'll be glad to pay
you.

If you will take accurate notice, I don't gratuitously attack ANYONE. But
I'll readily counterattack, especially when the provocateur is as off-base
as these two --- and their toadies.

Old November 21st 03, 12:55 AM
wmbjk

Larry Smith wrote:

If you will take accurate notice, I don't gratuitously attack ANYONE.
But I'll readily counterattack,

Ahh, so when you posted dozens of insults at NG, its owner and
employees, over some latches you couldn't purchase, that wasn't an
attack? The mind boggles.

Wayne

Old November 21st 03, 05:44 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:31:37 -0500, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

If you will take accurate notice, I don't gratuitously attack ANYONE. But
I'll readily counterattack, especially when the provocateur is as off-base
as these two --- and their toadies.

Sigh

Even *I* could inform you where you are going awry --
with both chips tied behind my shoulders. g

Sadly, we both can cipher the futility of that, can't we?
At times, train wrecks are just destined to happen --
no matter what.

Barnyard BOb -- Union Pacific RR - retired

The more people I meet,
the more I love my dog...
and George Carlin humor.