FREE CHECKRIDES at Marfa, Texas 2017-2018

Old March 3rd 17, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default FREE CHECKRIDES at Marfa, Texas 2017-2018

Two more "add-on" Commercial Glider ratings earned at Marfa this February in our mild winter weather.
I have an opening for your free checkride in March to April 4 then after April 12.
I'll take two applicants a week.
Old March 17th 17, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Another pilot enjoyed my "Rusty Pilot" course this week including climbs in blue thermals to over 15,000' msl in my ASK-21. (Marfa field elevation is 5,000' above sea level.) Found a bit of wave from Mount Livermore in the Davis Mountains as well.

I will be traveling in the next few months conducting FREE and confidential "Site Surveys" for the Soaring Safety Foundation. soaringsafety.org

My friendly observations are only by the invitation of a club board. I'll be visiting clubs in Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado and Washington state in April, May, June. Contact me now if interested so I can grab a good airfare.

Back to Marfa in between trips (by airline in & out of El Paso) to conduct some "INITIAL CFIG" training and checkrides. More info at flygliders.com and on Facebook as "Burton Compton."