FS2002: beginner's question n° 1

Old July 22nd 03, 08:19 PM
Angus Lepper

Default FS2002: beginner's question n° 1

As far as I know, it doesn't show them whatever your resolution, what you
could do is shift your resolution up int the graphics options and then
resize and show the aux panels would be a compromise.

"karel adams" wrote in message
On most of the planes that come with the standard game,
I must switch auxiliary panels on and off (radio, engina quadrant,
kneeboard, ...)
I found this most annoying and wonder what could be done about it.
Is it possible to add a second video card and display all aux panels
there?
Does my present card just not offer enough resolution?

The setup is as follows:
-) Pentium 1700MHz
-) 128 MB RAM
-) Raideon 8500
-) simple joystick, no wheel, no force feedback, no pedals

TIA
Karel Adams
(preparing more beginner's questions...)

Old July 23rd 03, 01:47 AM
Randy L.

Karel,
I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but if you "turn on" those
other panels, and then save that flight with the panels being displayed,
then the next time that you load that flight, the panels will already be
there for you. The bad news is that many of the panels tend to cover up
instruments when they are turned on. What I have done in the Cessna 172 (and
for other aircraft) is to run the program at the highest resolution that
will still give me decent frame rates. Then I re-size the instrument panels
so that I can turn on other panels (like the radio stack, and magnetic
compass). I then place and size these panels so that they don't cover
anything else up, and then save the flight with all panels configured this
way. You might try this and see how it works for you.

Randy L.

Old July 23rd 03, 02:12 AM
CriticalMass

"karel adams" wrote in message
On most of the planes that come with the standard game,
I must switch auxiliary panels on and off (radio, engina quadrant,
kneeboard, ...)
I found this most annoying and wonder what could be done about it.

Cutting through the noise, that's how it is with MS Flightsim. Has been for
as long as I can remember. You just have to get used to it.

It's a compromise that lets you see that stuff if you want to, and most of
the stuff you *need* to, but the main thing is, normally, you don't *have*
to (this, coming from the perspective of a licensed, real pilot). What MS
tried to do is give you a usable interface that shows the essential things,
and they really did a pretty good job of it, and also allow you to bring in
additional things if you're really interested in them.

So, my advice is, forget about the addtional panels if you don't need them,
and activate them only when you do need them.

Happy flight-simming.