Seattle Boeing and Museum of Flight PIREP

Old May 26th 05, 02:58 AM
Margy

Jay Honeck wrote:
In another stroke of luck, we happened to be at the museum on the day of a
big fly-in, so there was action in the sky as well. All in all, it was a
most enjoyable and worthwhile place to visit, and we ended up buying a
"family membership"-- which, at just $60, was a real bargain.

Not to respond to my own post, but I forgot to mention a major reason to buy
a family membership at the Museum of Flight -- it gives you a 15% discount
at the gift shop!

Since we bought over $300 worth of stuff there, my savings totaled over $45,
making our admission cost practically free.

I think the Smithsonian membership saves you 10% so ... Things are
looking great for June 11th (if the weather holds).

Margy
Old May 26th 05, 03:18 AM
Scott Skylane

Jay Honeck wrote:
/snip/
Despite my misery, the trip was well worth it -- this museum is fabulous!
Located on Boeing Field, north of Seattle, they have everything, from a

/snip/

Jay,

While Boeing Field (BFI) *is* north of Sea-Tac, it is decidedly *south*
of Seattle!

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old May 26th 05, 03:32 AM
Jay Honeck

While Boeing Field (BFI) *is* north of Sea-Tac, it is decidedly *south* of
Seattle!

Right!

That was the day after my nephew's stag party, and Mary did the driving. I
was, um, not myself, shall we say?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 27th 05, 04:03 PM
Journeyman

In article 7%Rke.2788$IC6.2762@attbi_s72, Jay Honeck wrote:

Cool story, Jay. Has anyone ever told you that you write well? :-)

In the end, we could have easily beaten the airlines home from Seattle in
Atlas, our Cherokee 235. Well, except for those cumulo-nimbus clouds that
were towering to 40,000 feet over Colorado...

Why would that be a problem? Last summer, we landed in Peoria short of
Iowa City (due to t-storms), but continued on through Iowa to South
Dakota, Montana, Idaho, to Seattle. Never went near Colorado.

Morris (learning U.S. Geography the hard way)
Old May 28th 05, 03:28 AM
Jay Honeck

In the end, we could have easily beaten the airlines home from Seattle in
Atlas, our Cherokee 235. Well, except for those cumulo-nimbus clouds
that
were towering to 40,000 feet over Colorado...

Why would that be a problem? Last summer, we landed in Peoria short of
Iowa City (due to t-storms), but continued on through Iowa to South
Dakota, Montana, Idaho, to Seattle. Never went near Colorado.

Yeah, that's we would normally have done, except for the fact that this was
a trip to attend a wedding.

Weddings can't wait for weather. I therefore was compelled to fly the
airlines...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 4th 05, 02:03 AM
Journeyman

In article RGQle.15625$g66.10452@attbi_s71, Jay Honeck wrote:
In the end, we could have easily beaten the airlines home from Seattle in
Atlas, our Cherokee 235. Well, except for those cumulo-nimbus clouds
that
were towering to 40,000 feet over Colorado...

Why would that be a problem? Last summer, we landed in Peoria short of
Iowa City (due to t-storms), but continued on through Iowa to South
Dakota, Montana, Idaho, to Seattle. Never went near Colorado.

Yeah, that's we would normally have done, except for the fact that this was
a trip to attend a wedding.

Weddings can't wait for weather. I therefore was compelled to fly the
airlines...

I'm confused. If the CBs were over Colorado, what's the problem? It's
nowhere along the likely route. I'm not faulting your decision, just the
statement (paraphrased): "It would have been faster to fly myself except
for the CBs nowhere along my route". It doesn't parse. Nonetheless,
in a gotta be there situation with no margin, I'd go by airlines too.

As it happens, we have a family wedding in Winnepeg this summer, and I'm
planning my vacation to leave enough time to get there with a comfortable
margin. And I'm hoping we'll be able to pass by your hotel on the way
back.

I'm also planning to spend a few days in Seattle in September while it's
still sunny out there and will have to fly commercial. Jet Blue has
non-stop red-eye service from JFK.

Morris