A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Help: Cirrus 75 Landing Gear Parts

Old June 17th 13, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sarah Arnold
external usenet poster

Default Help: Cirrus 75 Landing Gear Parts

Hello Everybody,

I received the following email from a friend of mine who lives in Argentina and would like to help, but I don't know how to find these parts.

"I´m writing you because I need some help in finding some spare part for a Cirrus 75 that belongs to my gliding Club in Argentina. Last Saturday I had a bad landing and I need to replace, as soon as possible, the wheel mass, the wheel chamber and wheel cover. Unfortunately any of this is available in Argentina. I wonder if you can help me in finding one. A friend is coming from the States to Argentina in a month time and he could bring everything I can find from there."

I've emailed Heinz M & H Soaring as well. Are there any Rec Readers out there who could help point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance..

Sarah Arnold
Old June 18th 13, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2013 4:43:07 PM UTC-4, Sarah Arnold wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I received the following email from a friend of mine who lives in Argentina and would like to help, but I don't know how to find these parts.

"I´m writing you because I need some help in finding some spare part for a Cirrus 75 that belongs to my gliding Club in Argentina. Last Saturday I had a bad landing and I need to replace, as soon as possible, the wheel mass, the wheel chamber and wheel cover. Unfortunately any of this is available in Argentina. I wonder if you can help me in finding one. A friend is coming from the States to Argentina in a month time and he could bring everything I can find from there."

I've emailed Heinz M & H Soaring as well. Are there any Rec Readers out there who could help point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance.

Sarah Arnold

http://www.sky-craft.co.uk/acatalog/...ailplanes.html
Not sure if this helps, doesn't say what cirrus it's for (standard, open class?). Scroll down a bit, there's a Cirrus landing gear assembly unit.
Old June 18th 13, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2013 2:43:07 PM UTC-6, Sarah Arnold wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I've emailed Heinz M & H Soaring as well. Are there any Rec Readers out there who could help point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance.

Sarah Arnold

Hi Sarah,
looks like your friend is looking for the complete wheel assembly - hub, inner tube and tire. A Cirrus 75 was one of the last Cirrus' series built and the wheel was most likely made by TOST. I would recommend your friend contacts them (www.tost.de then go to 'English') with some dimensions and I am sure he will be able to get all the correct replacement parts.
Uli
'GM'
Old June 18th 13, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff
external usenet poster

Hello Sarah

The wheel is a 4" Tost Lilliput rim with a 4.00x4 tyre and tube, can
also use the Kobold wheel as fitted to the early Ventus.

I had a spare - but sold it with my Cirrus...

Bruce

On 2013/06/18 2:06 PM, GM wrote:
Hello Everybody,

Sarah Arnold

Hi Sarah,
looks like your friend is looking for the complete wheel assembly - hub, inner tube and tire. A Cirrus 75 was one of the last Cirrus' series built and the wheel was most likely made by TOST. I would recommend your friend contacts them (www.tost.de then go to 'English') with some dimensions and I am sure he will be able to get all the correct replacement parts.
Uli
'GM'

--
Bruce Greeff
T59D #1771
Old June 18th 13, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff
external usenet poster

This sounds like a known weakness on the Lilliput wheel where the
aluminium hub develops fatigue cracks and separates at the steel liner.
If this happens as it generally does with the landing shock - you can
expect a very sudden stop as the wheel locks.

The white stripe is expensive. ;-)

I got mine welded up - and kept it as a backup.

Bruce

On 2013/06/18 2:06 PM, GM wrote:
Hello Everybody,

Sarah Arnold

Hi Sarah,
Uli
'GM'

--
Bruce Greeff
T59D #1771