Airshow negated by Bush visit

Old October 8th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Airshow negated by Bush visit

Antique planes at an airshow were escorted to the ground because the King was
visiting nearly 30 miles away:

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to fly.
Old October 8th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Antique planes at an airshow were escorted to the ground because the
King was visiting nearly 30 miles away:

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to
fly.

So what, you don't go to airshows and you don't fly.

Bertie
Old October 9th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Oct 8, 3:34 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Antique planes at an airshow were escorted to the ground because the King was
visiting nearly 30 miles away:

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to fly.

Reminds me of Bush's appearance at Kitty Hawk; preventing anyone from
flying into Kitty Hawk. Ironic.

-Robert

Old October 9th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
ups.com:

On Oct 8, 3:34 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Antique planes at an airshow were escorted to the ground because the
King was visiting nearly 30 miles away:

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to
fly.

Reminds me of Bush's appearance at Kitty Hawk; preventing anyone from
flying into Kitty Hawk. Ironic.

-Robert

Just as well he didn't try himself. I hear they called him "The Seagull" in
the reserves because they had to throw rocks at him to get him to fly.

Berte
Old October 9th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to
fly.

So what, you don't go to airshows and you don't fly.

Nevertheless, if we live in a society where F-16s escort antique airplanes
just because the President is flying through, we've gone astray.

I refuse to live in fear. If we live in a country where Air Force One
requires escorts to keep away Stinsons or Jennies, we might as well take
down the flag and set it on fire 'cause we've lost our courage as a nation.

However, it's pretty clear that the antique pilots should have checked with
the FAA for TFRs since that's pretty much what everybody has to do.

-c

Old October 9th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Gatt" wrote

However, it's pretty clear that the antique pilots should have checked
with the FAA for TFRs since that's pretty much what everybody has to do.

'Zactly. I doubt that this was an unexpected TFR. They should have been
expecting it, and allowed for it.

That does not mean I don't feel that the TFR's are a bad thing.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 9th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 8, 3:34 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Antique planes at an airshow were escorted to the ground because the King
was
visiting nearly 30 miles away:

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to fly.

Reminds me of Bush's appearance at Kitty Hawk; preventing anyone from
flying into Kitty Hawk. Ironic.

Real ironic considering his insistance we should not let fear keep us from
going on with our lives. His own fear keeps many of us from doing so.

Old October 9th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
the warlock society

Mxsmanic wrote:
Antique planes at an airshow were escorted to the ground because the King was
visiting nearly 30 miles away:

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/forc....ap/index.html

Not sure how much of an airshow you can have if nobody is allowed to fly.

yeah?

well Nicolas Sarkozy shut down an entire lake in New Hamshire so he
could swim in peace (and threw a fit like a little french bitch when
someone took his picture)

Did you have a point ****tard?

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...innipes aukee

Old October 9th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Doe[_4_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

John Doe wrote in
t:

An obsessed regular troll

Guess again, fjukkwit!

Bertie

Good boy.
At least you've figured out that nobody enjoys seeing your garbage.
Old October 9th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Doe[_4_]

(Sorry for that, I didn't see the troll's redirection of my follow-up)

First Visit to Oshkosh HamGuy Home Built 3 July 22nd 05 03:34 AM
Boston Visit PaulH Piloting 8 August 22nd 04 03:38 PM
[AU] Defence support for Bush visit David Bromage Military Aviation 7 October 23rd 03 05:04 AM
Visit the price of war ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 July 7th 03 02:48 PM