private pilot in Chicago needed

Old May 3rd 05, 09:03 PM
De'Wisz

Default private pilot in Chicago needed

I'm looking for a private pilot in Chicago,who would take me and my
friends for a ride. We can "split" costs ( to make it legal ): pay for
rental or fuel. It might be a good idea for somebody who is building
time or just like to fly for lower price.
my e-mail:

Old May 3rd 05, 11:26 PM
Robert M. Gary

If by "ride" you mean around the pattern you will have a good time. Why
not just go down to the local FBO and have an instructor take you guys
up.
If by "ride" you mean to take you somewhere, that requires a very
specific and hard to aquire certificate (135) that fewer and fewer
small aircraft operators have. Even if you share costs, if you are the
one creating the schedule and the pilot is just serving your schedule,
the pilot will have legal problems without a 135 certificate.

-Robert

Old May 4th 05, 06:36 AM
Morgans

"Robert M. Gary" wrote

Even if you share costs, if you are the
one creating the schedule and the pilot is just serving your schedule,
the pilot will have legal problems without a 135 certificate.

If you phrased it something like, "My friends and I would like to ride
around with you, sometime when you went flying, and would be willing to
split costs." That would be legal, right?
--
Jim in NC

Old May 4th 05, 12:00 PM
Denny

Oh boy, here we go again...

Old May 4th 05, 06:50 PM
Paul kgyy

Check into some of the local flight schools (Aviation Professionals at
Midway or Gary), others at Schaumburg, Dupage, Aurora, Waukegan,
Lansing. There's a good chance you can get a discounted introductory
flight that would include a lesson in actually flying the aircraft.

Pilots as a group are generally friendly as well as generous (well,
sometimes...), but you won't find many who are willing to give rides to
people they don't know.

Old May 6th 05, 01:47 AM
Bill G

On 4 May 2005 10:50:52 -0700, "Paul kgyy" wrote:

Check into some of the local flight schools (Aviation Professionals at
Midway or Gary), others at Schaumburg, Dupage, Aurora, Waukegan,
Lansing. There's a good chance you can get a discounted introductory
flight that would include a lesson in actually flying the aircraft.

Pilots as a group are generally friendly as well as generous (well,
sometimes...), but you won't find many who are willing to give rides to
people they don't know.

Amen to that...of course, there are people I work with everyday that I
wouldn't take up in an airplane! :-)

Bill

Old May 7th 05, 03:04 AM
Chuck

On Fri, 06 May 2005 00:47:16 GMT, Bill G
wrote:

On 4 May 2005 10:50:52 -0700, "Paul kgyy" wrote:

Check into some of the local flight schools (Aviation Professionals at
Midway or Gary), others at Schaumburg, Dupage, Aurora, Waukegan,
Lansing. There's a good chance you can get a discounted introductory
flight that would include a lesson in actually flying the aircraft.

Pilots as a group are generally friendly as well as generous (well,
sometimes...), but you won't find many who are willing to give rides to
people they don't know.

Amen to that...of course, there are people I work with everyday that I
wouldn't take up in an airplane! :-)

Bill

Add to which I wouldn't put it past some enterprising FAA wenie to put
this out hoping to catch those "big, bad pilots who break the rules".

You know, the types who are real pricks, think they know it all, and
are better than anyone else.....

Chuck