CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

Old June 27th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

Now this IS rather revolutionary:

AVwebALERT AVweb Breaking News Alert -- June 27, 2008
FOR THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS, VISIT: http://www.avweb.com

The Big Reveal

CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

(http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._198192-1.html)

Well, we still don't know its real name and we're not sure if it
got out of the massive former Northwest Airlines A320 maintenance
hangar on its own power but it sure looks like Cirrus's new family
jet is ready to fly. ...EAA AirVenture are hoping for as the jet
is obviously nearing first flight. The aircraft was formally
introduced exactly a year ago at last year's Cirrus Migration and
more than 400 refundable deposits of $100,000 have been received.

CLICK FOR LARGE IMAGES

(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_07.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_03.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_05.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_02.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_06.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_04.jpg)
(http://www.avweb.com/newspics/cirrus...rollout_01.jpg)

http://www.the-jet.com/infobase.html
NEARLY READY TO TAXI

June 2008. During the past few months the Advanced Development
Group has achieved several significant milestones related to the
goal of First Flight of the-jet. While these pictures do not
adequately capture the total determination, focus and energy that
is happening on this project right now, they do give you a sense
of just how far we have come lately and how close we are to
realizing First Flight.

Construction of the test aircraft you see here, called "V1", is
complete. Earlier this week, the ADG build team and engineers
ceremoniously handed the keys over to the ADG flight test crew.
The flight test team will now complete a very methodical process
to ensure V1 is ready to fly safely and within very specific
flight parameters set for the initial flight. Even at this
critical stage the team is approaching its work and the impending
flight schedule with the same careful diligence and thoughtful
planning as they have from the onset of the program.

Our next update will be shortly after the inaugural flight of
the-jet.
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet1.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet2.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet3.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet4.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet5.jpg
http://www.the-jet.com/news/downloads/jet6.jpg

http://www.the-jet.com/pdf/specifications.pdf
PERSONAL JET
OWNER FLOWN
EASY TO FLY
SINGLE-ENGINE WILLIAMS INTERNATIONAL FJ33-4A-19 FANJET
COCKPIT TECHNOLOGY OPTIMIZED FOR SINGLE-PILOT OPERATION
CAPS™ PARACHUTE STANDARD EQUIPMENT
EASY ENTRY FOR BOARDING AND LOADING
FLEXIBLE SEATING CONFIGURATIONS: 5+2 SEATING
(5 FULL SIZE ADULTS RECLINING + 2 STOW-AWAY SEATS)
PRESSURIZED CABIN FOR COMFORT
LARGE WINDOWS
KNOWN ICING CERTIFIED
IMPRESSIVE CLIMB RATE
PAYLOAD AND FUEL TO MEET MAJORITY OF MISSION PROFILES AND
PROVIDE MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY
HI-SPEED CRUISE GOAL - ABOUT 300 KTS
RANGE GOAL - NBAA IFR ABOUT 1000 NM (MEDIUM LOADING)
MAX OPERATING ALTITUDE - 25,000 FT
LOW APPROACH SPEEDS - SIMILAR TO THE SR22
FITS IN MOST STANDARD 40’ WIDE GA HANGARS AND MANY T-HANGARS
LOW OPERATING COST
OPTIMAL ENGINE PLACEMENT FOR PERFORMANCE, NOISE REDUCTION, FOD,
ACCESSIBILITY, INTERIOR SPACE, AND PASSENGER COMFORT
EASY TRANSITION FROM SR22 AND SR22 TURBO
3 PANTONE COLORS : 429 • 7406 • BLACK
PLANE GENIUSTM
the-jet.com 866.880.6152

Video (animated): http://www.the-jet.com/wmv/the-jet-high.wmv
Old June 27th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 27, 6:29 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
[...]

There's so much I don't know about airplane design, but don't recall
ever seeing structure so close to the exhaust plume of a jet engine
before. I'd have guessed having thrust be in line with the center of
gravity would have been a design goal, but they know more about design
than I ever will. Never the less, what a beautiful airplane that is.
Do they take American Express?
Old June 27th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Olson

wrote:
On Jun 27, 6:29 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
Now this IS rather revolutionary:

AVwebALERT AVweb Breaking News Alert -- June 27, 2008
FOR THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS, VISIT:
http://www.avweb.com

The Big Reveal

CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

(http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._198192-1.html)

There's so much I don't know about airplane design, but don't recall
ever seeing structure so close to the exhaust plume of a jet engine
before. I'd have guessed having thrust be in line with the center of
gravity would have been a design goal, but they know more about design
than I ever will. Never the less, what a beautiful airplane that is.
Do they take American Express?

I agree... She's quite a beauty.
Old June 27th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

wrote in message
[...]

I hope you have the black card! I wondered the same thing on the exhaust but
I think the engine exhaust nozzle sits up higher off the fuselage than the
photos do it justice.

Old June 27th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 27, 10:01 am, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

If the aft end is made of Ti or the like it wouldn't matter, but no
matter what I expect after a few hundred hours the paint back there is
going to be compromised. This reminds me of a handbuilt wooden canoe I
saw on display up in Maine once. It was so perfect I'd now have wanted
to risk scratching its bottom on lakebed, let alone in quick water.

This airplane is like that -- it looks like it belongs in a Modern Art
Museum, as a concept.

I hope it flies as nicely as it looks.

Old June 28th 08, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Henry[_2_]

Do they take American Express?

Yours for just $59

http://www.x-plane.com/
Old July 4th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

There's so much I don't know about airplane design, but don't recall
ever seeing structure so close to the exhaust plume of a jet engine
before. I'd have guessed having thrust be in line with the center of
gravity would have been a design goal, but they know more about design
than I ever will. Never the less, what a beautiful airplane that is.
Do they take American Express?

IIRC, some of the very early jets--especially German--were built exactly
this way.

It should have an added advantage in being unlikely to injest foreign matter
from the ground or thrown by the tires; but early rotation has been an issue
on various jets in the past.

In any case, it is very, very cool!

Peter

Old July 4th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jul 5, 9:29*am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
There's so much I don't know about airplane design, but don't recall
ever seeing structure so close to the exhaust plume of a jet engine
before. I'd have guessed having thrust be in line with the center of
gravity would have been a design goal, but they know more about design
than I ever will. Never the less, what a beautiful airplane that is.
Do they take American Express?

IIRC, some of the very early jets--especially German--were built exactly
this way.

It should have an added advantage in being unlikely to injest foreign matter
from the ground or thrown by the tires; but early rotation has been an issue
on various jets in the past.

In any case, it is very, very cool!

The thrust line looks off to me for good low speed handling during
power changes. My concern would be handling and COG issues for T/O/L .
Fuse may look slippery but that nacelle looks too unfaired. The D-jet
looks like better aeronautical design to my eye -the engine has been
included in the aerodynamics rather than being an add on power pod. I
wait with interest the first flight tests...

My 2c

Cheers
Old July 5th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

There's so much I don't know about airplane design, but don't recall
ever seeing structure so close to the exhaust plume of a jet engine
before. I'd have guessed having thrust be in line with the center of
gravity would have been a design goal, but they know more about
design than I ever will. Never the less, what a beautiful airplane
that is. Do they take American Express?

IIRC, some of the very early jets--especially German--were built
exactly this way.

Like the Salamander you mean? It wasn't anywhere near as close to
structure, but in any case it's not all that much of a problem temp wise if
that's what was meant.

It should have an added advantage in being unlikely to injest foreign
matter from the ground or thrown by the tires; but early rotation has
been an issue on various jets in the past.

How do you mean?

Bertie

Rolls-Royce O-200? [email protected] Owning 22 September 29th 06 12:23 AM
Rolls-Royce O-200? [email protected] Home Built 20 September 29th 06 12:23 AM
Gap Tape 30 rolls for US$40 TJ Soaring 9 September 24th 06 03:33 AM
RV-6 Snap Rolls Ted Timmons Aerobatics 1 February 2nd 05 11:48 PM
Dutch rolls Chris Mark Military Aviation 11 May 16th 04 07:37 AM