Auto Launch equipment for a group of interested fliers

Old December 1st 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Default Auto Launch equipment for a group of interested fliers

Hello all

Due to my illness I will not be able to utilize my auto launch set-up

This is a good opportunity for a group to a quire my equipment at
"very low cost".

It consist of 3300 feet of spectra 3500 lb test 3/16 " diameter,value
$1100,00
5000 lb Strain gauge with display value about $600.00
Two turn around pulleys value about $800.00 for a 2/1 ratio system can
be used on a 2500 ft run way
German Parachute and all ropes and all hard ware, designed to launch a
15 meter gilder. Value about $500.00
Set-up good for a two seaters as well but with the right links.
Electric storage winch on wheels to pay out rope about $600.00
All professionally made in my shop. Total Value about $3500.00 mostly
material cost,
labor cost deeply discounted

All I would like, that the equipment will have good home and is
utilized on occasion
Make an offer I can not refuse.
Regards
Udo
Old December 2nd 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 1, 3:12*pm, Udo wrote:
[...]

Interesting -- Where is all this equiment located?

Bill Snead
Old December 2nd 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

Udo lives in Brighton, ON, about 100 miles east of Toronto.
Very nice guy; he built the wing-rigging dolly that makes setting up
my Kestrel 19 a breeze.
Old December 2nd 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

I am pleased to say that I had more serious inquiries then I expected
and the equipment is sold at what I think is a fair price.
It will stay in Canada and will be used in Alberta.
Thanks to all
Regards
Udo

Old December 3rd 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Dec 2, 6:08*am, jsbrake wrote:
Udo lives in Brighton, ON, about 100 miles east of Toronto.
Very nice guy; he built the wing-rigging dolly that makes setting up
my Kestrel 19 a breeze.

I've been reading this newsgroup since '97, and always enjoy posts,
sharing his knowledge, helping others. I appreciate people who are
gifted to design and build good things with their hands, and Udo is
certainly one of those. The name "Udo" being almost synonymous with
"wing rigger". Whenever this subject came up on r.a.s., there were
always Udo's customers to stand up for the quality of Udo's products.
You've done much for soaring.

Udo, I've never met you, I know I would have enjoyed that. I'm
saddened to hear of the illness and changes in your life that are
necessitating your departure from the soaring you love. From all
accounts you are a true gentleman. I also know that to be so from the
private emails we exchanged some time ago in which you freely gave me
your idea for the "Udo AVD" (air vent deflector)*, an add-on,
adjustable deflector to enhance the performance of the Quiet Vent.

God speed in all your endeavors, friend.

bumper
Minden, NV

*Havent' had a chance to make the tooling to be able to offer the "Udo
AVD" yet, but will try to get to it soon.