Aviation applications for the Droid phone

Old December 31st 09, 10:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob

Default Aviation applications for the Droid phone

I am thinking about a Droid phone update. Are there any aviation
applications available for it? I suppose I could access airnav.com or
aeroplanner, but there might be something already customized. You
people that have one, comments?

Bob
Old January 2nd 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Anderer[_1_]

On 2009-12-31 04:11:36 -0500, Bob said:

I am thinking about a Droid phone update. Are there any aviation
applications available for it?

From another forum:

I was never happy with the information Piper gave in the manual about
power settings for the Lycoming IO-360 in my Arrow. Over the years I've
looked at the topic, come up with numbers I'm happy with, and looked
for a way to make the data conveniently available to me.

A few months ago I put together an iPhone app to figure this stuff out.
I've found it useful, and so now have created an Android version as
well. Since I don't have access to an Android phone I'd be glad for
anyone who might want to test it out.

Details at http://www.airdavellc.com/IO360

Old January 2nd 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_22_]

On Dec 31 2009, 4:11*am, Bob wrote:
I am thinking about a Droid phone update. *Are there any aviation
applications available for it? *I suppose I could access airnav.com or
aeroplanner, but there might be something already customized. *You
people that have one, comments?

Bob

I have tried the Weight & Balance app mentioned by others, and will be
using it - just what I needed, It is called Appentive W & B. I also
have the Aviation Weather from NOAA/NWS, which is also quite useful. I
haven't found any other non-airline aviation apps as of yet.

To cover the "Official Briefing" issue I experimented with obtaining a
Duats briefing by way of the browser. It works fine, but I am
concerned with the matter of
keeping it available for reference. If you make no further use of the
browser, the last page accessed will remain. However, it is all too
easy to inadvertently send
the browser off to somewhere else - and it's gone. There appears to be
no way to store a web page - and obtaining a replacement may be
impossible
depending on the circumstances. As a work around I came up with the
idea of obtaining the Duats briefing on another computer, saving the
page, then
emailing it to myself as an attached file. This works, and once
accessed this file appears to be retained in the Gmail inbox for
further access as needed.

Comments?

Dave

Old January 2nd 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob

Thanks Guys. I still use Destination Direct flight planner. I'd like
to have a version that would work on the phone so I could download
weather, plan and file remotely. A new project!

Bob