Zenith 601XL aileron

Old June 1st 04, 12:35 AM
VideoFlyer

Default Zenith 601XL aileron

Well, this is embarrassing. But I'm sure many of you can understand how it
happened. I was taking advantage of the long holiday weekend to make some
major progress on my plane. All in all, it was a great weekend. Until today.
I started working on the ailerons. I had already made the angled cuts on the
ends and was laying out the rivet spacing when I realized...I had cut two RIGHT
ailerons. Dang!!!! I did a quick check with ZAC and found that they want
about $150 for a new skin. And if that's the price I have to pay for my
mistake, well, who am I gonna blame?

But then I was thinkin. This is a perfectly good right aileron skin. It's a
shame to use it for scrap. I wonder if anyone out there has a 601XL wing kit
that hasn't started to build the ailerons yet. And would they be willing to
swap an uncut aileron skin for one that is already cut. Hmmmm?

The skin is cut correctly. It's not a mistake, other than that I made two
RIGHT ailerons. There are no dings or crimps in the skin and I would be happy
to provide pictures to verify that. The rivet spacings are marked on the skin
but have not been drilled. No other work has been done on the skin, other than
cutting the end.

Let me know if we can work a deal. I'd even be happy to pay for your trouble,
in addition to shipping both ways.

Dave Harms
Zenith 601XL builder

Zenith CH 601 vs. CH 701, better? DL152279546231 Home Built 7 February 28th 04 06:01 AM
Zenith CH 300 kit DougK Home Built 1 February 16th 04 10:40 PM
Zenith Ch 701 Builder's info and websites?? DL152279546231 Home Built 1 February 10th 04 08:21 PM
Zenith Zodiac XL question Mick Home Built 4 January 14th 04 05:47 PM
Need aileron OSKI 3 Home Built 0 September 15th 03 07:45 PM