The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Old February 24th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Default The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Immanuel,

Would someone with little or no flight experience
be able to fly a 737, 747, or 757, and also make steep dives and sharp turns?

Irrelevant, since the terrorists were trained. And little training is enough
for the easy flying they did.

Standard Boeing commercial aircraft have locks on the cockpit doors. How
difficult would it be break one down?

Only now they have those.

What are the chances that 8 trained pilots and co-pilots, with military
backgrounds, could be physically overpowered by a few thugs with box-cutters?

It's not a matter of overpowering, it's a matter of airline policy regarding
hijackings before 9/11. That policy was: If someone comes into the cockpit with
a boxcutter held to the throat of a flight attendant, you give in to their
demands. And for the flight attendants, the policy was: If they threaten you,
you give them access to the cockpit.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old February 24th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Very long boring technical discussion of Lift Faries adnThrust Demons....(NASA)

On 24/2/06 5:58 am, in article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

("ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote)
Therefore I propose that we build a man carrying mechanical Goose to prove
this phenomena.

So, after the test flight, how do you get down from your mechanical goose?

Surely everybody knows you don't get down off a goose, you get down off a
duck (eider for preference).

Old February 24th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Highflyer wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
It was sad and never should have been allowed to happen.
Some people knew what was planned, many escaped, but the
world was unwilling to stop Hitler. Hope we don't make the
same error again.

We are making the same error again. If you look at the political tactics
used by the Nazis in their rise to power, some of them ring a bell in a
recent presidential campaign.

1. Attendees at Nazi rally were carefully screened and only Nazi supporters
were allowed in.

Bush political speechs had a screened audience and only known Bush
supporters were allowed to attend.

2. Hitler pointed at jews and gypsies as the source of all the problems in
the world of the third reich.

Bush points at "terrorists"

3. The Nazi party evaded the German Democratic constitution and evaded the
law to protect citizens from jews and gypsies.

Bush evades the law and eavesdrops on american citizens when the only
reason to evade the law is to keep the courts from knowing who and how many
people he is eavesdropping on and what he is doing with the information.

4. The Nazi propaganda minister proved the validity of the "big lie." If
you lie blatantly enough and often enough and do so on all of the public
media a significant portion of the population will believe the lie.

Bush always tell the truth even when he contradicts himself. Right.

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )

( don't call me guys. someone may be listening after this post! :-)

I have just lost a great deal of respect for you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 24th 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Canal builder wrote:

On 24/2/06 5:58 am, in article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

("ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote)
Therefore I propose that we build a man carrying mechanical Goose to prove
this phenomena.

So, after the test flight, how do you get down from your mechanical goose?

Surely everybody knows you don't get down off a goose, you get down off a
duck (eider for preference).

Would that be akin to a sympathy pluck?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 24th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

In article , Richard Isakson
says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote ...
First honest thing I've read in this thread. Lift is caused by feathers is

known scientific fact and I can prove it .

I hate to get involved in these "what causes lift" threads but this is
nonsense. An ostrich after all, with all it's feathers, CAN'T FLY. I
already stated a couple weeks ago that flight is magic. A well known fact.
Such silliness as "feathers" and "lift demons" is just an attempt to avoid
being burnt at the stake by the fearful masses.

An Ostrich has a poor feather to weight ratio ,that's the reason it can't fly.A
few more pounds of feathers and he'd soar like a Goose! It's logical.

If it's magic, then Penn and Teller would be Superman and Superboy .It's the
feathers being plagiarized by the magicians trying to start a conspiracy to
prevent the burning at the stake.Whew! By the way ,did you ever notice that
when someone is being burnt at the stake the smoke, ash and sometimes bits of
paper go up? I think I discovered another form of flight without feathers.
Vertical flight. Feathers give horizontal flight.

I can for see a time when men with a huge fire coming out from behind their
butts could go as far as the moon in vertical flight.

Chuck (I'm a part time seer) S

Old February 24th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In article , Montblack says...

("ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote)
Therefore I propose that we build a man carrying mechanical Goose to prove
this phenomena.

So, after the test flight, how do you get down from your mechanical goose?

Please don't try to turn this discussion into something silly by asking that
question.We're talking about flight not unflight! Why would you want to get down
?

Charles Joseph Robert Slusarczyk MD mighty Dandy sometimes known as the fac
totem but still better known as Hoowl the wolf....

Old February 24th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

Default lift, wings, and Bernuolli

Highflyer wrote:
snip

No. wingtip vortices are caused by downwash. Infinite wings don't have
wingtip vortices because they don't have ends, not because they don't have
downwash.

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )

Say what?
Old February 24th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

An ostrich after all, with all it's feathers, CAN'T FLY.

Oh, come now. You need to apply mathematical and scientific reasoning.
It's already been experimentally established that it takes two pounds
of feathers to lift ten pounds of Canada goose. An ostrich weighs much
more than ten pounds, but does not have a commensurate amount of
feathers. Feathers are not magical, they operate by strict scientific
principles and an insufficient amount of feathers won't even make a
fruit fly.

If you want to convince me that it's not feathers, do some experiments.
Attach a pound of feathers for every five pounds of ostrich, and toss
the ostriches out of an airplane. Do this a statistically significant
number of times, and then we'll talk turkey.

Jose
Old February 24th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

Hey, HF, Dan, Both of youse guys, listen up!

Youse guys drag doze two loons back in here, I'm agonna
tink I'm Dick Cheney and da two of youse look like Quayle to me!

Got it?

Tony Soprano
Old February 24th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

Hey, Hf, Dan, Both of youse guys, Listen up.

Youse guys drag dose two loons back in heah,
I'ma gonna tink I'm Dick Cheney, and da two of youse
look like Quayle ta me.

I would suggest dat youse guys drop da alt.politics
offen youse postins.

Now, youse guys got dat?

Tony Soprano