The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Old February 22nd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Default The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Would you guys mind moving this off rec.aviation.piloting and
rec.aviation.student? These forums are for actual flying discussions
for pilots. I think you already got your answer from the pilot
community.

-Robert, CFI

Old February 22nd 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

LOL

"Immanuel Goldstein" wrote in
message ...
| On 2/22/2006 8:05 AM, Jim Macklin enscribed:
| I'm sure he voted for Kerry.
|

| How laughable. The American political system is corrupt,
and rotting away like a
| leprous corpse. Americans still believe they have a
"two-party" system, and this
| system is used to foment distrust among its own citizens.
This has been true
| since Woodrow Wilson entered office.
|
| Please refrain from further assumptions about someone you
do not know. Frankly,
| it makes you appear like an ass. The very act of
assumption is what has biased
| your thoughts into accepting the ludicrous lies and
"conspiracy theory" you have
| been told by your government.
|

| --
| Closely Monitored,
|
| Immanuel Goldstein
|
| "The history of the present [US Government] is a history
of repeated injuries
| and usurpations, all having in direct object the
establishment of an absolute
| Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let facts be
submitted to a candid world."

http://911research.com/wtc/evidence/videos/index.html#building7

http://www.counterpunch.org/leupp12142005.html

| "Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a
revolutionary act."
| - Orwell
|
| "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing
invariably the same
| Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute
Despotism, it is their

Old February 22nd 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

really?

"Immanuel Goldstein" wrote in
message ...
| On 2/22/2006 9:09 AM, Jim Macklin enscribed:
|
| This would have been the British Government, your
history is
| in error.
|

| The [] symbols are commonly used in writing to specify a
change or insertion by
| the editor. It seems to fit nicely with current American
policies.

Old February 22nd 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Schumer would have been a trustee guard in a Nazi camp.

wrote in message
| I'm sure he voted for Kerry.
|

| You would think someone named Goldstein would be all for
Muslim terrorists

Old February 22nd 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student

Nonsense!

In 1999 I had an opportunity to "fly" the 777 Simulator at Boeing. I
was a two-hundred hour Cessna 172 pilot -- strictly VFR. With 30
minutes of "training" and a bit of coaching I was able to "fly" to the
destination and make a successful IFR approach and landing. I believe
an experienced PC Flight Simulator "pilot" could do as well.

Modern Glass cockpits really do make flying much easier -- when
everything works properly. When it doesn't the the pilot, i.e., Systems
Manger, really earns his/her salary.

I don't have any doubts that the September 11th Terrorists did not fly
the airliners into the targets. Hitting three of Four was probably
better luck than they would have predicted, but even a blind pig finds
an occasional truffle. See Occam's Razor.

- John Ousterhout -

Immanuel Goldstein wrote:
The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

Nila Sagadevan | February 21 2006

Nila Sagadevan is an aeronautical engineer and a qualified pilot of
heavy aircraft.

What follows is an attempt to bury this myth once and for all, because
I’ve heard this ludicrous explanation bandied about, ad nauseum, on the
Internet and the TV networks—invariably by people who know nothing
substantive about flight simulators, flying, or even airplanes.

A common misconception non-pilots have about simulators is how “easy” it
is to operate them. They are indeed relatively easy to operate if the
objective is to make a few lazy turns and frolic about in the “open
sky”. But if the intent is to execute any kind of a maneuver with even
the least bit of precision, the task immediately becomes quite daunting.
And if the aim is to navigate to a specific geographic location hundreds
of miles away while flying at over 500 MPH, 30,000 feet above the ground
the challenges become virtually impossible for an untrained pilot.

[snip]
Old February 22nd 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Schumer would have been a trustee guard in a Nazi camp.

I remember reading the term used for those "helpers" by the Nazis, I think
it was something close to "Sondercommando". Not real certain of the
spelling, since I believe what I was reading was from a periodical in the
late 50s. Yeah, Sondercommando Schumer does
seem to fit his personality.

Harold Burton

Old February 22nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Would you guys mind moving this off rec.aviation.piloting and
rec.aviation.student? These forums are for actual flying discussions
for pilots. I think you already got your answer from the pilot
community.

-Robert, CFI

Drop rec.aviation.homebuilt also.

But, but...

That would only leave alt.politics!
Old February 22nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

kd5sak wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Schumer would have been a trustee guard in a Nazi camp.

I remember reading the term used for those "helpers" by the Nazis, I think
it was something close to "Sondercommando". Not real certain of the
spelling, since I believe what I was reading was from a periodical in the
late 50s. Yeah, Sondercommando Schumer does
seem to fit his personality.

Harold Burton

Sonderkommando were the Jews who worked in the gas chambers and
crematoria. Kapo referred to a position more akin to "trustee." A kapo
was more generally red triangle, political, or green triangle, common
criminal, prisoner.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 23rd 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

In article , kd5sak says...

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Schumer would have been a trustee guard in a Nazi camp.

I remember reading the term used for those "helpers" by the Nazis, I think
it was something close to "Sondercommando". Not real certain of the
spelling, since I believe what I was reading was from a periodical in the
late 50s. Yeah, Sondercommando Schumer does
seem to fit his personality.

The term Kapo or Capo also seems to come to mind as a term for Jews who aided
the Nazi's.Usually by picking the people from town who would be next to go to
the camps.Many used this position to bully people and relieve them of money
,jewels etc so that he wouldn't pick them. Eventually they got there's .

A sad time

Chuck S

Old February 23rd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

"Peter R." wrote in message
Darkwing heducksmailTyahoo.com wrote:

As far as we know they had a Garmin GPS on the dash, that is all you
would
need, that a clear day (which they had).

I was not attempting to actually discuss the content of the original post.
Instead, I was making light of the original author's apparent incorrect
usage of the word, "pilotage," given that he claims to be an "aeronautical
engineer and a qualified pilot of heavy aircraft."

Reread his original passage and see if you agree.

--
Peter

I wasn't bashing you or anything just saying that any idiot can fly a plane
(Heavy or not) to a spot on a decent GPS if you have ANY idea how to fly a
plane. When your on a suicide mission what is the harm in trying?

DW