GW Bu$h's Torture Chambers and Rape rooms ...!

Old May 1st 04, 06:11 PM

"Yardpilot" wrote:

"Pooched" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 01 May 2004 00:14:56 GMT, "Yardpilot"
wrote:

Yes indeed. There are always going to be some people who think they can get

away
with such nonsense. Unlike many other countries, the US does not condone or
support such actions, and punishes the people involved.

Correction needed.... America has been routinely transferring
suspects to other countries to be tortured. A Canadian Muslim
recently went through this.

I somehow missed your reference, link, or citation on this. Would you mind
posting it again? You DID post one, didn't you?

Can't take his word for it?...I assure you that it did
happen...he's now in the process of suing all and sundry over it.

I could probably google it for you if you ask real nice.
--

-Gord.
Old May 1st 04, 06:17 PM

"Morton Davis" wrote:

"Chas" wrote in message
"Pooched" wrote
It would help if someone could tell me WHY the Muslims hated us to
begin with.

It's the central tenet of the religion; Submit & Recite.
And we're not the only ones they hate. They're at war in China, India,
SEAsia, Indonesia, the Filipines, East Africa, North Africa, all through

the
former SovUn.

Don't forget Thailand.

-*MORT*-

Don't forget anyone, anywhere, who isn't Muslim (and isn't dead).

Quite the holy religion you got there bub, yessiree bob.
--

-Gord.
Old May 1st 04, 06:39 PM
Bama Brian

Curtis CCR wrote:

"The Todal" wrote in message
"Bystander" wrote in message

"= Vox Populi ©" wrote in message (snipped):
Six U.S. troops charged with Iraq torture

I have seen the photos and they are appalling.

The treatment of prisoners is utterly indefensible.

At least America is dealing with it, and has admitted it. Many
countries that use torture would never dream of allowing these reports.

Well, perhaps it would be more accurate to say: now that it's in the
public domain the PR people in the White House and the Pentagon can see
that it is indefensible and they are duly blaming it all on renegade
troops or (better
still) outside contractors. Meanwhile, all the other torture will not be
admitted until it has been discovered.

This incident was being investigated before it came out in the news.
The first news reports I saw of this (I think CBS was the network that
"broke" the story) said that dicipline was already being handed out to
those directly involved and to several officers, including a general,
in the responsible command.

Those were at the Abu Grhaib prison. So far I've not heard that those who
took the photos were arrested.

Here's a revisionist thought: What if the photos were taken by the Iraqis
themselves for propaganda purposes?

BTW, if the photos were taken by American soldiers I expect to see
courts-martial for them, and nice long prison sentences - with Iraqi
guards!

--
Cheers,
Bama Brian
Old May 1st 04, 08:09 PM
Pooched

On Sat, 01 May 2004 07:47:43 GMT, "Yardpilot"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Yes indeed. There are always going to be some people who think they can get

away
with such nonsense. Unlike many other countries, the US does not condone or
support such actions, and punishes the people involved.

Correction needed.... America has been routinely transferring
suspects to other countries to be tortured. A Canadian Muslim
recently went through this.

I somehow missed your reference, link, or citation on this. Would you mind
posting it again? You DID post one, didn't you?

I figured ppl would already know. Here's some links:

http://www.altmuslim.com/politics_co...=1111_0_10_0_C
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/arar/
http://911review.org/Wiki/Arar,Maher.shtml

Interestingly I can't find anything from Amerikan sources.
Old May 1st 04, 08:10 PM
Jim Knoyle

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
news
"Morton Davis" wrote:

"Chas" wrote in message
"Pooched" wrote
It would help if someone could tell me WHY the Muslims hated us to
begin with.

It's the central tenet of the religion; Submit & Recite.
And we're not the only ones they hate. They're at war in China, India,
SEAsia, Indonesia, the Filipines, East Africa, North Africa, all

through
the
former SovUn.

Don't forget Thailand.

-*MORT*-

Don't forget anyone, anywhere, who isn't Muslim (and isn't dead).

Quite the holy religion you got there bub, yessiree bob.
--

Applies to many religions, Gord, possibly sans bullets.
Picture in your mind this particular heathen about seventy feet

JK

Old May 1st 04, 08:51 PM
Asmodeus

"Morton Davis" wrote in

Where are the videos of Americans cheering in the streets over what
happened, like the supporters ofd the "insurgents" when they hung the
burned bodies of our dead from bridges?

The closest we can come to that are the appeaceniks who cheer
when the terrorists kill American soldiers and called Tillman
a babykiller.

--
"It's obvious to me that this country is rapidly dividing itself into
two camps - the wimps and the warriors. The ones who want to argue
Old May 1st 04, 11:45 PM
PLMerite

"Pooched" wrote in message

Interestingly I can't find anything from Amerikan sources.

Obviously that's because you're spelling it wrong when you look it up,
Fritz.

Regards, PLMerite

--
"If you rub it in both at home and abroad that you are ready for instant
war... and intend to be first in and hit your enemy in the belly and kick

Old May 2nd 04, 03:22 AM

"Morton Davis" wrote:

"Chas" wrote in message
[...]

Well, you gotta give him credit for having large brass ones for
daring to do that!...or perhaps boundless stupidity?
--

-Gord.
Old May 2nd 04, 12:24 PM
Yardpilot

"Pooched" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 May 2004 07:47:43 GMT, "Yardpilot"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Yes indeed. There are always going to be some people who think they can

get
away
with such nonsense. Unlike many other countries, the US does not condone

or
support such actions, and punishes the people involved.

Correction needed.... America has been routinely transferring
suspects to other countries to be tortured. A Canadian Muslim
recently went through this.

I somehow missed your reference, link, or citation on this. Would you mind
posting it again? You DID post one, didn't you?

I figured ppl would already know. Here's some links:

http://www.altmuslim.com/politics_co...=1111_0_10_0_C

Doesn't support your claim.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/arar/

Doesn't support your claim. In fact, it makes Canada look rathe bad.

http://911review.org/Wiki/Arar,Maher.shtml

Doesn't support your claim.

Interestingly I can't find anything from Amerikan sources.

Then you haven't actually looked.

Old May 2nd 04, 12:59 PM
Ken Smith

wrote:

Yes indeed. There are always going to be some people who think they can
get away
with such nonsense. Unlike many other countries, the US does not condone
or

support such actions, and punishes the people involved.

Correction needed.... America has been routinely transferring
suspects to other countries to be tortured. A Canadian Muslim
recently went through this.

I somehow missed your reference, link, or citation on this. Would you mind
posting it again? You DID post one, didn't you?

I figured ppl would already know. Here's some links:

http://www.altmuslim.com/politics_co...=1111_0_10_0_C

Doesn't support your claim.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/arar/

Doesn't support your claim. In fact, it makes Canada look rathe bad.

I don't see this at all. Hell, if *my* federal government went to as
much trouble to remedy human rights violations committed against me, I'd
be more than satisfied.

http://911review.org/Wiki/Arar,Maher.shtml

Doesn't support your claim.

Interestingly I can't find anything from Amerikan sources.

Then you haven't actually looked.

YP's right -- you really haven't. CBS News did a piece on him. So
did the Time and the Post. Caused quite a flap, iirc. Even Chretien
protested.