RAP to RAL

Old August 26th 04, 05:00 PM
Aluckyguess

Default RAP to RAL

Has anyone made this flight. I am going to look at a PA-28 180 and if I buy
it I have to fly back.
Anyone have any recommendations on the flight.

Old August 26th 04, 07:16 PM
Bob Chilcoat

I don't know what RAL is, but I go back and forth regularly between RAP, RAH
and RAO :-)

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America

Old August 26th 04, 07:18 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message

I don't know what RAL is, but I go back and forth regularly between
RAP, RAH and RAO :-)

RAL is Riverside Muni, CA.

Old August 26th 04, 08:58 PM
David Herman

rec.aviation.lunatics?

Oh, wait, we already have several groups covering that!

--
David Herman
N6170T 1965 Cessna 150E

Old August 27th 04, 01:01 AM
SeeAndAvoid

I've flown to RAP and RAL, but not between the two.
One good route would be RAL-SGU-VEL-RAP.
You may have to dodge a little to the left by HEC to
miss R2501, then a little right around some parts
of the Las Vegas Class B. St. George, UT is pretty
easy in-easy out, just use caution of the terrain NE
of SGU on your climbout, the area between SGU
and CDC is rough, may want to stay a little right
of it. Plan on 11,500. You'd cross the divide
NE of Rawlins, a fairly low point. Then
no sweat all the way to RAP. I assume this
is all VFR?
The other upside to this route, up to SGU anyway,
is a lot of Interstate 15 below you. A comforting
thing in an unfamiliar airplane. After SGU, I-15
gets tight and if you get stuck on the west side of it
and low, it's bad, we lost a bunch of planes out there
in an area we called the "coffin" at LA Center.
Oddly, this is a similar route I flew when I flew my
newly purchased airplane home from Torrance, CA.

Chris
--
Steve Bosell for President 2004
"Vote for me or I'll sue you"