Mxsmanic

Old January 8th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gwengler

Default Mxsmanic

Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

Old January 8th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

Regarding MX, the wannabe pain in the lower back.

He's actually, by my measure at least, a sad case. There's obvously
some intelligence there but by his own admission he earns a bit over
$100 a week.

He has endured a one hour gate hold at Logan -- while simulating a
flight!

He carefully programs the flight plan into his computer, probably does
a simulated taxi out, then lets the computer simulator's autopilot fly
most of the flight. That may mean he sits in front of his computer,
feet on simulated rudder controls, with a play stick or a yoke, I'm not
sure which, and watches the simulator fly itself.

I think most of us who are pilots are successful in other aspects of
our lives too. I would guess many of us are managers, and of those, a
number had told smart people who wear their Mensa memberships like a
badge of honor that their services are no longer required because, in
reality, they were too difficult to work with. He is, I think, in that
class.

I do hope he finds a measure of happiness in his chair (does he wear a
shoulder harness?) playing his simulated games, but it's not a life I
would choose for anyone I cared about.

So let him have some fun. One need not make replies made to his posts
except perhaps when his 'logical' assertions are in conflict with safe
flying. He has, we can assume, never touched the toe brakes to stop the
wheels rotating before retracting them, never saw a runway appear 20
degrees off the nose at MDA, or ice growing on the wing, or requested
ATC permission to fly at 7200 feet with minor deviations in the course
so he could play in the canyons in the clouds.

Do you remember what it's like to tell a non-flyer what general
avaition is all about, and some of the experiences you had? Think of
that when you read his posts, and feel sadness rather than anger. He
probably can't help himself.

And, really, take this attitude. "Mx, your comments are no longer
needed here," and respond only if you think he's making unsafe
suggestions. The response is NOT directed at him, but at newer pilots
who might be reading the thread. After all, MX is sometimes 'logical'
even when he's wrong, and we don't want newbies. or ourselves, to be
misled.

Gee, that's almost a rant, isn't it?

Old January 8th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T

gwengler wrote:

Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.

1. I empathize. This has been an issue almost from the beginning of USENET.

2. Your posting (and my response) only adds to the "spam" you're complaining
about.

3. "Any thread with any posting from XXX" could eliminate a lot of good
information. It's best to simply ignore posters you find offensive.

4. I recommend using a traditional newsreader and subscribing to a USENET
provider (some are even free). This option will allow you to filter out
posts based on sender, subject, content, etc. and could lead to a higher
quality USENET experience. Google has done a good thing by archiving almost
all USENET articles, but they are doing all of us a disservice by not
allowing a quality newsreader experience (even a browser-based one).

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/TknoFlyer

Old January 8th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris W

gwengler wrote:
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!!

If you really think this plea will have any effect, you're delusional.

His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

While the posts you are referring to are undesirable, I'm not sure
"spam" is the right word for what you are talking about.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old January 8th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gwengler

Obvioulsy, not everyone is of my opinion:
Gerd

Howdy!

In article .com you
write:
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

At least his postings pertain to aviation, unlike your post which
simply takes up space. Your post is far more like spam than his.
Thank you for taking up space in my killfile.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Bowie, MD, USA |
http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad

Old January 8th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

"gwengler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

Does anyone know of an addin for Outlook Express 6 that will let me select
message text as the bassi of a rule?

Right now, anything *from* mxsmanic is blocked, and I can block anything
with mxmanic in the subject. I'd like to block all of the responses (message
contains 'mxsmanic'), and be free of this loser once and for all.

I realize that I should use a better newsreader, however this is what I'm
used to, and I don't want to change on his account.

Old January 9th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"gwengler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

Does anyone know of an addin for Outlook Express 6 that will let me select
message text as the bassi of a rule?

Right now, anything *from* mxsmanic is blocked, and I can block anything
with mxmanic in the subject. I'd like to block all of the responses
(message contains 'mxsmanic'), and be free of this loser once and for all.

I realize that I should use a better newsreader, however this is what I'm
used to, and I don't want to change on his account.

Save yourself the trouble. I use Outlook Express 6.0 myself and have
absolutely no problem whatsoever with avoiding people I don't want to deal
with. I just scroll right on past them and go on to something else. This
works instantly for all situations as the unwanted poster's heading stands
out like a sore thumb and is extremely easy to avoid.
Saves the trouble of setting up kill files. filters, whatnot.
Works like a charm too :-)))))))))
Dudley Henriques

Old January 9th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:48:55 -0800, gwengler wrote
(in article . com):

Obvioulsy, not everyone is of my opinion:
Gerd

I would be one of them. I find the postings pleading for people to ignore Mx
even more annoying than he is. I particularly object to people who advocate
mistreating him.

If you don't like his posts, don't read them. I don't read them because he is
too argumentative, a characteristic he shares with many of his detractors.

Old January 9th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

Save yourself the trouble. I use Outlook Express 6.0 myself and have
absolutely no problem whatsoever with avoiding people I don't want to deal
with. I just scroll right on past them and go on to something else. This
works instantly for all situations as the unwanted poster's heading stands
out like a sore thumb and is extremely easy to avoid.
Saves the trouble of setting up kill files. filters, whatnot.
Works like a charm too :-)))))))))
Dudley Henriques

I don't want to avoid people, only posts replying to mxsmanic, as if they
never existed.

Old January 9th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

Save yourself the trouble. I use Outlook Express 6.0 myself and have
absolutely no problem whatsoever with avoiding people I don't want to
deal with. I just scroll right on past them and go on to something else.
This works instantly for all situations as the unwanted poster's heading
stands out like a sore thumb and is extremely easy to avoid.
Saves the trouble of setting up kill files. filters, whatnot.
Works like a charm too :-)))))))))
Dudley Henriques

I don't want to avoid people, only posts replying to mxsmanic, as if they
never existed.

It's him (or anyone else for that matter) that I'm referring to. Just pass
over him if you don't want to deal with him. What could be simpler? Of
course, if just seeing the name "Mxsmanix" causes some kind of traumatic
syndrome or physical pain to set in that has to be drowned out by a bottle
of Jack Daniels or something, hell, forget the kill file and leave him up
and showing as I've suggested; then invite me over and we'll BOTH get
hammered together and forget the crazy SOB ever existed!!!!! :-))
Dudley Henriques