A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old October 29th 20, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 592
Default Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

Well, if you hook it up as labeled, it works just fine. The vario is not TE compensated, though. The airspeed should have been correct. Sometimes, you have to think back and forth between MPH on the SFG, and Knots on your ASI.

I have one sitting on my shelf, too, Frank. If you don't think yours doesn't work, you could always send it to Steve's Home for Wayward Glider Stuff. :-)

Steve Leonard


Steve - I have to correct myself he the TE was plumbed to Static and I think that will throw off the ASI.

Uli
'AS'
Ads
  #12  
Old October 30th 20, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,055
Default Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:58:44 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
Well, if you hook it up as labeled, it works just fine. The vario is not TE compensated, though. The airspeed should have been correct. Sometimes, you have to think back and forth between MPH on the SFG, and Knots on your ASI.

I have one sitting on my shelf, too, Frank. If you don't think yours doesn't work, you could always send it to Steve's Home for Wayward Glider Stuff. :-)

Steve Leonard

Steve - I have to correct myself he the TE was plumbed to Static and I think that will throw off the ASI.

Uli
'AS'

Yes, that would through it off. Would read high by about 40%.

If you have a spot in the panel, give it a go! STF would not be correct for the Caproni, but a cool addition to the panel!

Steve Leonard
  #13  
Old November 7th 20, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 6:07:00 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:58:44 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
Well, if you hook it up as labeled, it works just fine. The vario is not TE compensated, though. The airspeed should have been correct. Sometimes, you have to think back and forth between MPH on the SFG, and Knots on your ASI.

I have one sitting on my shelf, too, Frank. If you don't think yours doesn't work, you could always send it to Steve's Home for Wayward Glider Stuff. :-)

Steve Leonard

Steve - I have to correct myself he the TE was plumbed to Static and I think that will throw off the ASI.

Uli
'AS'

Yes, that would through it off. Would read high by about 40%.

If you have a spot in the panel, give it a go! STF would not be correct for the Caproni, but a cool addition to the panel!

Steve Leonard

80mm?
  #14  
Old November 11th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,055
Default Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 6:59:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 6:07:00 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:58:44 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
Well, if you hook it up as labeled, it works just fine. The vario is not TE compensated, though. The airspeed should have been correct. Sometimes, you have to think back and forth between MPH on the SFG, and Knots on your ASI.

I have one sitting on my shelf, too, Frank. If you don't think yours doesn't work, you could always send it to Steve's Home for Wayward Glider Stuff. :-)

Steve Leonard
Steve - I have to correct myself he the TE was plumbed to Static and I think that will throw off the ASI.

Uli
'AS'

Yes, that would through it off. Would read high by about 40%.

If you have a spot in the panel, give it a go! STF would not be correct for the Caproni, but a cool addition to the panel!

Steve Leonard

80mm?

Yes, the instrument is 80 mm.
Steve Leonard
  #15  
Old November 11th 20, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,542
Default Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

Literal Google translation

SOLLFAHRTGEBER -- SHOULD SPEED SENSOR

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glasflugel Libelle H-301/-301B POH thermalrider[_2_] Soaring 0 December 6th 12 01:23 AM
Attention US Standard Class Pilots [email protected] Soaring 51 February 13th 12 11:44 PM
Attention Region 12 Pilots! [email protected] Soaring 0 January 4th 12 07:19 AM
USA: Attention New York State Pilots Tim Hanke Soaring 0 June 28th 06 08:06 PM
Attention French Pilots! MK Soaring 1 November 8th 04 07:10 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.