I'm not a real Pilot?

Old March 30th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default I'm not a real Pilot?

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Learn to say "No" by the time you're 35.
- Your life will improve greatly!

Ok, now I know this guy is an imposter.
You are NOT Montblack.
The Montblack I know is older than 35 and while he might not say "YES" to
everything he certainly doesn't say "NO" to anything. Obviously this rule
doesn't apply to the "Real Mont-yep-sure-you betcha-of
course-absolutely-affirmative-black".

47 ...and yes, I'm a slow learner. g

Montblack
Go ahead. Try asking me to come over and plant acres and acres of potatoes
and beans. Just you try!

My answer: "Oh boy, can I drive the BIG tractor?"

Old March 30th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

David writes:

So why is it the general public thinks that to be a real
pilot you have to aspire to become a scheduled airline captain?

For much the same reason that some people think that people who fly
simulators cannot be real pilots.

No, you can't be a real pilot beczause you're an idiot,. has nothing to do
with you pretending to be a pilot in your corn flakes box
Old March 30th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James M. Knox

"David" wrote in :

My daughters classmates met someone outside of
school that knows me and when they got to talking
the kid mentioned that I was a pilot for an airline and
that person (an adult) corrected them and told them
that I was not a real pilot that I only fly TOY planes.

A few years ago a reporter for an east Texas newspaper did a real nice
article on Angel Flight, featuring me. I appreciated the publicity for the
charity, but yeah, it said something similar. The exact phrase was
something like "and you don't even have to be a real pilot to volunteer;
amateur pilots are welcome as well."

[Still bugs me! G]

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1300 Koenig Lane West fax 512-371-5716
Suite 200
Austin, Tx 78756
Old March 30th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Ok, now I know this guy is an imposter.
You are NOT Montblack.
The Montblack I know is older than 35 and while he might not say "YES" to
everything he certainly doesn't say "NO" to anything. Obviously this rule
doesn't apply to the "Real Mont-yep-sure-you betcha-of
course-absolutely-affirmative-black".

Jim

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dudley Henriques" wrote)
Rule 1 for feeling good about yourself in this life is simply this;
Don't ever allow someone else's problem to become your problem.

Rule #2 - FFGAY:
(Um, ...you know what I meant)

Learn to say "No" by the time you're 35.
- Your life will improve greatly!

I saw this on one of those 'saying-a-day' cube calendars.

Montblack

Old March 30th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NTurk

On Mar 30, 11:03 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

No, you can't be a real pilot beczause you're an idiot,. has nothing to do
with you pretending to be a pilot in your corn flakes box

You on the other hand are an RJ Doofus.

Old March 30th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Once again, I'm not a real pilot.
Yesterday my daughter was confronted at school by
some (6th grade) classmates, they said her father was
not a real pilot.

Oh, hell, the world is full of idiots.

I've been told I'm not "really" a hotelier because we only have 28
suites...

I've been told I wasn't "really" a newspaperman because I worked the
business side of it...

I've been told that I'm not "really" a pilot because I'm not
instrument rated...

I've been told I don't ride "real" motorcycles cuz I don't ride a
Harley...

The list goes on and on. I learned a long time ago not to define my
success (or failure) by what others think.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 30th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Oh but first we have this real cool rock collection we want you to see!
Really, they're all over the place. And we'll even let you take them home
with you! The best part is that they are FREE!

Jim
Real farmer masquerading as a Real Pilot

Old March 30th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Oh but first we have this real cool rock collection we want you to see!
Really, they're all over the place. And we'll even let you take them home
with you! The best part is that they are FREE!

My favorite four letter "F" word!

Peter

Old March 30th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

My personal favorite was being told I was not a "real" father. I took
this rather personal as I had adopted both of my children. I was not
pleased with the comment until the rest of it was explained. I was told
I was not a real dad because I used pampers and a microwave to heat
formula ( yes I was careful to test it ) I allowed as I did not believe
I needed to wash cloth diapers and heat bottles over a wood stove to
make me feel real.
Old March 30th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jai

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:1175281166.069656.208650
@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Once again, I'm not a real pilot.
Yesterday my daughter was confronted at school by
some (6th grade) classmates, they said her father was
not a real pilot.

Oh, hell, the world is full of idiots.

I've been told I'm not "really" a hotelier because we only have 28
suites...

I've been told I wasn't "really" a newspaperman because I worked the
business side of it...

I've been told that I'm not "really" a pilot because I'm not
instrument rated...

I've been told I don't ride "real" motorcycles cuz I don't ride a
Harley...

Whereas you're clearly a real dickhead. Only mystery is whether you were
born one or self-taught.