GAMIjectors

Old August 5th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default GAMIjectors

Anyone out there have these GAMIjectors? I've heard lots about them
but have never gotten the bug to pay the $900 for them. But with the
fuel prices the way they are ($6.10), I think I can save enough money
in just one year or two to pay for these suckers. Anyone else have
similar thoughts?
Old August 6th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul kgyy

Their main purpose is to enable you to fly Lean of Peak. There is
some risk of engine damage if you don't have a good engine analyzer to
let you know what's going on.
Old August 6th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

Paul kgyy wrote:
Their main purpose is to enable you to fly Lean of Peak. There is
some risk of engine damage if you don't have a good engine analyzer to
let you know what's going on.

Yeah, ya gotta have an egine analyzer. Get one like Charles Lindberg used.

Oh, wait, those weren't invented then. So how did multiple millions of
hours get flown LOP in the days when radial engines were king?

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old August 6th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James M. Knox

" wrote in news:c8234c56-d653-
:

Anyone out there have these GAMIjectors? I've heard lots about them
but have never gotten the bug to pay the $900 for them. But with the
fuel prices the way they are ($6.10), I think I can save enough money
in just one year or two to pay for these suckers. Anyone else have
similar thoughts?

Gamijectors are real devices, and they can easily replay their
investment. Do you need them and how badly? That's a harder question,
especially not knowing the type of engine you have.

They are, first off, only for fuel injected engines. Continental
engines seem to need them more than Lycoming, but your mileage may vary.
And obviously, the bigger your engine (more fuel flow per hour) the more
quickly they will pay for themselves.

I won't go as far as to say you need an all-cylinder engine monitor, but
it sure is nice. [Ironically, AFTER you get the GAMIjectors, you have
much less need for one.]

There are several benefits of GAMI's, including reduced engine vibration
and cleaner burning (less deposits). But, of course, fuel savings are
the big payoff. This comes in two stages:

o If your engine is badly mismatched on fuel-air to the various
cylinders (and most are), then you will see significant fuel savings
even if you otherwise make no change in your engine operation. [I.e.
continue to lean to the same ROP setting as you always have.]

o The biggest savings, however, come from operating LOP. On my little
TSIO-360, for example, I can go from about 13.5 gph down to 10.5 gph, at
effectively the same airspeed. That's a saving per hour thas is larger
in dollars than my fuel bill per hour used to be!

*If* you do have a multi-channel EGT then you can run their fairly
simple test flight. It will show you very easily how well matched your
cylinder fuel-air mix is, and what your likely savings with GAMIs will
be.

Holler if you want to talk more about them.

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1300 Koenig Lane West fax 512-371-5716
Suite 200