Whatdayathink..

Old November 4th 03, 10:33 AM
Tom S.

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news:6VEpb.100448$Tr4.267829@attbi_s03...
Just curious. A 1993 Bonanza with the turbo-normalized engine sounds like

fantastic plane - certainly an upgrade over any 182. Enjoy!

Michael

Thanks for your input and pardon my playing the "devil's advocate".

When I think about the choices available, I must say the T182RG was a
"sentimental choice". My first trip with the lady who later became my wife
was in a T182. I took her from Denver to Belle Fourche, SD (her home town)
to visit her folks (Sept. 19, 1980). She called her dad (my future
father-in-law) to "pick us up at the airport". He thought "Rapid City", and
she said, "No, Belle". It was a kick (ego!!!) watching him as we taxied up
to the ramp and got out. What an introduction to your potential in-laws,
huh? Also, my kids all got their first rides in that plane (1978 T182RG,
N28336).

Now I look back and see that Cessna made no real changes to that bird in
nearly 35-40 years. I began as a fixed gear that could be stowed. Beech, at
least, had kept up with the technology and even lead with a design that did
evolve with the time (fuel injection, different engines...).

This plane will be used about 75% for business and 25% for personal travel.
Hopefully. in short order, my grandkids (come on, girls...Dad needs
grandkids) will get their first trips in this one.

No contracts signed yet, but so far I'm definitely leaning towards the F33.
Probably finalize the purchase and mods just before the year end.

Old November 4th 03, 10:51 AM
Tom S.

"Fred Wolf" wrote in message
I am in a similar situation,, I think the F33 is a good choice,, probably,
the Mooney is too small for you,

Yes, the Mooney is phenomenal...if you're skinny. I definitely DO NOT fit
that category. :~)

have you considered a used Cirrus SR22,,
probably a great choice...most used ones have less than 400 hrs

I still can't "get my head around one of those...".

When I think of where the industry has been the past 50 years, I get real
excited (no, I don't exactly wet myself...not yet anyway) when I think of
what might be coming in the next 50 years. I think Cirrus and Lancair will
certainly be leaders in those areas.

Okay...all those that think Cirrus and Lancair "stole something" from the
Grumman Tiger, raise their hand. :~)

Tom
"We have clearance, Clarence!"