Which DC Headphone is best choice?

Old June 25th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Which DC Headphone is best choice?

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:19:14 +1000, "KevinBlack"
wrote:

I wear glasses with thin wire frame, LS 30-3G/LS25XL no problems. If you
turn your head at an unusual angle (with or without glasses) you will get
some noise, but you need to contort your head to break the seal.

My glasses have quite thin frames so hopefully not a problem, I also
sometimes use the gap seals which may also help.

I'd still look at the DRE60000 on a price performance basis. The headsets
inc people have built their own EM-1 for about $399, but this is getting up
in price.

Cheers,
kevin

I think you mean the DR6000, looks good but does not appear to have
auto shut off or auxiliary/cellphone input.

I really prefer not to have the fully flexible mike boom which seems
to rule out the SoftComm C-200 ANR, it also doesn't have auto battery
off. Does claim -19db ANR.

Further thoughts so far:

Marv Golden MG-ANR

Not auto battery off but -19db ANR

Marv Golden Golden Eagle

Appears same as below
Lightspeed QFRXCC

Flexible mike boom & only claim -10 to -12db ANR

Avshop A450 ANR

Flexible mike boom & only claim -10 to -12db ANR

David
Old June 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote

Batteries are an inconvenience,

So are you, with your continued arguing about nothing.

Plonk! Again!

So Plonk doesn't really mean anything if you're doing it again. What a
moron.
Old June 26th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Newps" wrote

So Plonk doesn't really mean anything if you're doing it again. What a
moron.

Every year or so, I give everyone in the "plonk file" a new chance, to see
if they have changed.

I see you haven't.
--
Jim in NC

Old June 27th 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

David,

I think you mean the DR6000, looks good but does not appear to have
auto shut off or auxiliary/cellphone input.

Correct, but then at US$279 you get a pretty robust headset. The cell phone
adapters are phone specific, cannot get one for my phone. And the music
connection isn't a biggie for me, YMMV.

Cheers,
Kevin

Old June 27th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:52:01 +1000, "KevinBlack"
wrote:

David,

I think you mean the DR6000, looks good but does not appear to have
auto shut off or auxiliary/cellphone input.

Correct, but then at US$279 you get a pretty robust headset. The cell phone
adapters are phone specific, cannot get one for my phone. And the music
connection isn't a biggie for me, YMMV.

Cheers,
Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

I'm looking for robust, although I am very careful!

I don't actually need a specific cellphone connection but the input
will allow an audio checklist (I hope). At the moment I'm leaning
towards the Marv Golden MG-ANR which seems to have good active
attenuation. What I can't tell over the internet is build quality. If
anybody has any useful comments on the MG-ANR they would be
appreciated.

David
Old June 27th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thanks Kevin.

I'm looking for robust, although I am very careful!

I don't actually need a specific cellphone connection but the input
will allow an audio checklist (I hope). At the moment I'm leaning
towards the Marv Golden MG-ANR which seems to have good active
attenuation. What I can't tell over the internet is build quality. If
anybody has any useful comments on the MG-ANR they would be
appreciated.

David

David,

The MG-ANR Golden Eagle Series appear to be Lightspeed headsets. Quite a
few retailers are selling the same sets, branded for their store. I've seen
them at Avshop and Aircraft Spruce also.

The "classic" MG-ANR looks to be Flightcom or Softcom.
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PP-ASEL
"It's a license to learn, have fun and buy really expensive hamburgers."