Why there will be no resolution to the yEnc war.

Old August 10th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default Why there will be no resolution to the yEnc war.

Paul Elliot wrote in
:

russell wrote:
Same with me...

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message
Actually it is very simple. When this NG was established one of the
"rules" was no yenc,plain and simple. Either you choose to follow
the rules or not, no skin off my nose either way. I have downloaded
two free yEnc decoders and neither have worked worth a damn but at
least I tried. As I have broadband, downloading useless posts does
not create a problem; for those for whom it does they can just block
your posts and problem solved.It is not that hard to work it out
either way. FWIW
"

My big gripe with Yenc is that so many of the files are corrupted in
the process.

maybe you are doing it wrong I have never had a problem with yEnc as I use
xnews
Old August 10th 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:38:54 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

Paul Elliot wrote in
:

russell wrote:
Same with me...

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message
Actually it is very simple. When this NG was established one of the
"rules" was no yenc,plain and simple. Either you choose to follow
the rules or not, no skin off my nose either way. I have downloaded
two free yEnc decoders and neither have worked worth a damn but at
least I tried. As I have broadband, downloading useless posts does
not create a problem; for those for whom it does they can just block
your posts and problem solved.It is not that hard to work it out
either way. FWIW
"

My big gripe with Yenc is that so many of the files are corrupted in
the process.

maybe you are doing it wrong I have never had a problem with yEnc as I use
xnews

Never a problem with Agent either, Paul. But I don't know if that
suggests a reader problem, an ISP problem, or what--wish I could be of
more help.
Old August 10th 07, 06:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

russell wrote:
[...]

Perhaps it is because I'm using "Picture Agent" which is a pretty
ancient program. I like it because it automatically downloads just the
pictures without all the text blather. I only get that when I use T-Bird
or OE.

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/
Old August 10th 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:52:57 -0700, Paul Elliot
wrote:

My big gripe with Yenc is that so many of the files are corrupted in the
process.

Really? I don't think I have ever run across a corrupted yenc file.

Dave

Old August 10th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:05:36 -0700, Paul Elliot
wrote:

Perhaps it is because I'm using "Picture Agent" which is a pretty
ancient program. I like it because it automatically downloads just the
pictures without all the text blather. I only get that when I use T-Bird
or OE.

Mmmmm. I use Agent and I get just the picture if I "launch" with the
rocket icon at the tool window. If I double click it, I get text (if
there is any) and a window to lauch the picture. I have never seen a
corrupt yenc file using agent. I *have* seen some corrupt yenc videor
files, but that is the fault of the sender, not the down-loading.

Dave

Old August 10th 07, 08:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

"Maybe you should find another hobby?
You like wise!