Celebrity Pilots

Old February 22nd 05, 08:12 PM

What about John Travolta and his private 707 at his airpark home in
Florida?

Tom

Jay Honeck wrote:
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like

that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars,

and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about?

Does this
mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any

others?

Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks? I presume the

addresses
listed in the database really aren't where they live, but it would be

fun to
have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the suite, preferably
autographed...

Any ideas?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 22nd 05, 10:24 PM
Morgans

Bruce Dorn (Star Trek's Worf)

Michael Dorn.

Oh crap! They are going to revoke my trekie membership! g
--
Jim in NC

Old February 22nd 05, 11:59 PM
leslie

: *******************************************
: Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
: Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
: LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
: FAA Region : Western/Pacific
: Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
: Class of Medical : 3
: Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
: Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: : Private Pilot (foreign based)
: Airplane Single Engine Land

Leroy Van Dyke, entertainer & auctioneer, is, or was, a pilot, although
it's not mentioned on his web site:

http://www.leroyvandyke.com/
Leroy Van Dyke - Entertainer and Recording Artist

The late Jim Reeves was a pilot, and was flying the plane that crashed,
resulting in his death.

--Jerry Leslie
Note: is invalid for email
Old February 23rd 05, 12:40 AM
Matt Barrow

"leslie" wrote in message

Leroy Van Dyke, entertainer & auctioneer, is, or was, a pilot, although
it's not mentioned on his web site:

http://www.leroyvandyke.com/
Leroy Van Dyke - Entertainer and Recording Artist

The late Jim Reeves was a pilot, and was flying the plane that crashed,
resulting in his death.

Also Danny Kaye (flew along on Air Force fight rides as well).
Fess (Davy Crocket) Parker.
Arthur Godfrey
Gordon McRae ("Oklahoma") had several thousand hours.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:36 AM
leslie

Matt Barrow ) wrote:
:
: "leslie" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Leroy Van Dyke, entertainer & auctioneer, is, or was, a pilot, although
: it's not mentioned on his web site:
:
: http://www.leroyvandyke.com/
: Leroy Van Dyke - Entertainer and Recording Artist
:
: The late Jim Reeves was a pilot, and was flying the plane that crashed,
: resulting in his death.
:
:
: Also Danny Kaye (flew along on Air Force fight rides as well).
: Fess (Davy Crocket) Parker.
: Arthur Godfrey
: Gordon McRae ("Oklahoma") had several thousand hours.
:

The late Boxcar Willie started on B-36s and was flying C-5s when he decided
to become a full-time entertainer, per:

http://www.boxcarwillie.com/biography/
Boxcar Willie's Biography.

Also Jimmy Stewart:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/wwii/js.htm
Brigadier General James M. Stewart, USAFR (RET)

http://www.jimmy.org/bio/military.html
Military Career of James Maitland Stewart

--Jerry Leslie
Note: is invalid for email
Old February 23rd 05, 03:14 AM
Bob Moore

(leslie) wrote

The late Boxcar Willie started on B-36s and was flying C-5s when he
decided to become a full-time entertainer, per:

http://www.boxcarwillie.com/biography/

Read that biography very carefully with attention to dates and ages.
Although it states that "he became a pilot" I doubt that he was an
Air Force pilot, more likely, he was a Flight Engineer. Notice that
no mention of rank is made which after 26 years on active duty would
have put him in the range of a colonel, something that would certainly
have been mentioned if he had been a commisioned officer/pilot.
The bio mentions the hard times after he was "discharged"...26 years
gets one maybe 65% of their pay and one is retired, not discharged.
Altogether, not a very good attempt at crafty biography writing.

Bob Moore

Old February 23rd 05, 04:13 AM
mindenpilot

"Trent Moorehead" wrote in message

"Mike O'Malley" wrote in message

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden is an airline pilot (now

THAT's
a career change!)

And when the passengers find out who's piloting the aircraft, can you
guess
what they scream?

"Run to the hills, run for your life!"

(That's one of Iron Maiden's biggest hits)

-Trent
PP-ASEL

That ROCKS!!!

Old February 23rd 05, 06:06 AM
leslie

Bob Moore ) wrote:
: (leslie) wrote
:
[...]

Boxcar Willie talked about his days as a pilot on the Ralph Emory Show,
including flying in South Korea when North Koreans attempted to cause
the plane to crash by jamming its instruments when it was on final
approach.

http://obits.com/willieboxcar.htm
Internet Obituary Network, Obituary for Boxcar Willie

"...Boxcar entered the service as a flight engineer, and the performer
became a pilot by the age of 20, carrying the distinction of being the
youngest combat-ready engineer in the United States Strategic Air
Command. Boxcar logged over 10,000 career flight hours as an Air Force
pilot and served 2 tours of duty before joining the Texas Air National
Guard. Boxcar flew B-36s, B-39 Tankers, Recons, Bombers, and KC-97s
and C-5As. (After becoming a successful performer, Boxcar had his old
KC-97, which he had flown in active duty, moved to his Branson
Missouri Train and Aircraft Museum.) Between the National Guard and
the Air Force, Boxcar devoted a total of 22 years to the military..."

--Jerry Leslie
Note: is invalid for email
Old February 23rd 05, 09:05 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

"Dick Meade" wrote in message

"Colin W Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...

A google search of that address suggests it's a large office building.
Presumably her doctor, lawyer, or indian chief has a suite the

Semi-educated guess says this actually is her office. Suite 200. Chivan
Productions. Chivan is the middle name (or original last name) of her
adopted son Maddox. It is also the registered address for her SR-22.

Give
it a whirl, Jay.

Wow, you're an even better stalker than I am

It's kind of surprising that nobody mentioned that a recent National
Enquirer had 4 pictures of her flying her plane. It mentioned that she

was
returning to land "after a 4 hour lesson".

There was also one of the British tabs that had a picture of her in an
airplane (only partial view with the outline of the cockpit) captioned with
something about her flying her own jet. From the outline anyone could tell
it was a cherokee-type plane)

-cwk.

Old February 23rd 05, 09:09 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
You know how Bugs Bunny would always blow into his thumb, and inflate

his
fist before he punched someone? I can't help but think that is what

AJ's
boobs looked like in Tomb Raider! g

And this is a problem?

Actually my father (64) says he doesn't care much for her type. "I don't
like women who look like they could beat me up" is how he puts it. Nicole
Kidman is more his style. I think she looks like she was CNC-milled out of a
block of aluminum and if you touch her you might get freezer burn. I suspect
neither of us would kick either of them out of bed for eating cookies.

-cwk.