A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glider Import

Old September 19th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NZAviator
external usenet poster

Default Glider Import

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody has had experience exporting a glider out of Germany or Hungry and whether I am able to recover any VAT from the purchase price. As it stands the cost of these gliders seems to be a little high so wondered if there is something I am missing with tax recovery etc?
Old September 20th 15, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glidingstuff[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Import

There shouldn't be any VAT on a glider which leaves the country that the VAT is applicable to. ie No VAT on a glider purchased either from a factory or individual if it is exported from that country. However when it arrives at the border of the country that you are importing it to then the local VAT or GST applies to the purchase price

Which you can claim back in that country if is going to be owned by a VAT or GST registered club or Company/Individual.

Old September 20th 15, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Import

In our country if you export a glider then the purchaser can claim the 15% GST off the purchase price when it leaves but as you say will incur import taxes (VAT/GST)at the destination country. I wouldn't expect VAT to be added to the purchase price but thought there would have been a chance to claim the VAT that would have already been paid (when first brought)?

Old September 20th 15, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glidingstuff[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Glider Import

On Sunday, 20 September 2015 10:22:30 UTC+12, NZAviator wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody has had experience exporting a glider out of Germany or Hungry and whether I am able to recover any VAT from the purchase price. As it stands the cost of these gliders seems to be a little high so wondered if there is something I am missing with tax recovery etc?

I have sent a PM.