Glider Import

Old September 19th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NZAviator

Default Glider Import

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody has had experience exporting a glider out of Germany or Hungry and whether I am able to recover any VAT from the purchase price. As it stands the cost of these gliders seems to be a little high so wondered if there is something I am missing with tax recovery etc?
Old September 20th 15, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glidingstuff[_2_]

There shouldn't be any VAT on a glider which leaves the country that the VAT is applicable to. ie No VAT on a glider purchased either from a factory or individual if it is exported from that country. However when it arrives at the border of the country that you are importing it to then the local VAT or GST applies to the purchase price

Which you can claim back in that country if is going to be owned by a VAT or GST registered club or Company/Individual.

Old September 20th 15, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In our country if you export a glider then the purchaser can claim the 15% GST off the purchase price when it leaves but as you say will incur import taxes (VAT/GST)at the destination country. I wouldn't expect VAT to be added to the purchase price but thought there would have been a chance to claim the VAT that would have already been paid (when first brought)?

Old September 20th 15, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glidingstuff[_2_]

On Sunday, 20 September 2015 10:22:30 UTC+12, NZAviator wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody has had experience exporting a glider out of Germany or Hungry and whether I am able to recover any VAT from the purchase price. As it stands the cost of these gliders seems to be a little high so wondered if there is something I am missing with tax recovery etc?

I have sent a PM.