Capt. R.L. Foote RIP

Old September 9th 03, 03:11 PM
ArtKramr

Default Capt. R.L. Foote RIP

At this reunion of the 344th Bomb Group I learned of the passing of Bob Foote,
CO of the 494th Bomb Squadron. He was a West PoInter who joined the 344th in
1943 and led the 494th squadon through VE day. Rest in Peace old friend.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 9th 03, 05:44 PM
Gordon

A well earned rest, I would say.Thanks for letting us know, Art.

v/r
Gordon
Old September 9th 03, 08:15 PM
ArtKramr

Gordon)
Date: 9/9/03 9:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time
A well earned rest, I would say.Thanks for letting us know, Art.

v/r
Gordon

We are glad he lasted as long as he did. He had a bad war.

Old September 9th 03, 11:04 PM
Erik Plagen

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
At this reunion of the 344th Bomb Group I learned of the passing of Bob

Foote,
Arthur Kramer

His son teaches in Bavaria.
Abstract by Prof. Robert L. Foote
Geometry of the Prytz Planimeter
The Prytz planimeter is a simple example of a system governed by a
non-holonomic constraint. It is unique among planimeters in that it measures
something more subtle than area, combining the area, centroid and other
moments of the region being measured. The state space of the planimeter is a
non-principal circle bundle acted on by SL(2,R). The holonomy group is all
of SL(2,R). As a consequence, the planimeter is an example of a system with
a phase shift on the circle that is not a simple rotation.

Erik