What would you do?

Old December 29th 03, 03:05 AM
Jeff Franks

I would buy and restore a nice 707 and then wear a dorky looking Quantas
Captains uniform while flying around attempting to look cool as a
"spokesperson" for aviation.....oh, wait. That job's already taken.....

"Sven" wrote in message
The multi-state PowerBall lottery is going to be over $200 million
Wednesday. This thread has been done on here before...

What would you do if you won the Lotto???
Upgrade your plane?
Get a newer/bigger/better plane? Get a fleet?
Get AMEL/ASES/ Instrument and/or Commercial ratings?

I'll wait until I win to decide... ;-)

Old December 29th 03, 03:12 AM
Judah

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

You pay thousands of dollars a year to protect you from the small
chance of having an aviation accident and doing exactly $1 Million
worth of damage to someone else's property, but you're not willing to
drop $2 on a chance to win $200 Million cash?

I know you're being facetious, but I must point out:

A. I'm being forced by my bank to insure the plane.

And I am being forced by my wife to buy the stupid lottery ticket!

B. The odds of a plane mishap are gazillions of times higher than of
winning the lottery.

But the odds of said mishap costing exactly the amount of your insurance
coverage are probably quite a bit worse...

And yes, I was, and continue to be quite facetious.

Now, if I could buy $200 Million in insurance for $1 and a dream, that
would be a winning bet!
Old December 29th 03, 03:18 AM
Harry Gordon

I have never bought a lotto ticket since they started here in Texas. So, I
know that I will never have to seriously consider that question. However,
someone did give my wife a lotto ticket for her birthday a few years
ago...didn't hit one number :-(. When I think of winning the lotto I think
of the phrase: "Da Plane!" "Da Plane!" "Welcome to Fantasy Island."

Harry

Old December 29th 03, 03:32 AM
Jim Fisher

"Chuck" wrote in message

Tell that to my cousin...

Your stupidity tax sure paid off for her and her family...

Let's hear thwe story, man! What'd she get?

--
Jim Fisher

Old December 29th 03, 05:09 AM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Jay Honeck" writes:

What would you do if you won the Lotto???

A more interesting question might be: How many pilots actually play the
lottery?

I, for one, look at it as a tax on stupidity.

That, in fact, is what I call it on the occasions when I buy a
ticket. "I need to pay my stupidity tax."
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old December 29th 03, 05:10 AM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Dan Luke" writes:

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
A more interesting question might be: How many pilots
actually play the lottery?

I, for one, look at it as a tax on stupidity.

To paraphrase a post by Michael, you might as well hang on to your old
lottery tickets, since your hope of winning with them is about as good
as one you buy this week.

I've thought about whether winning is actually any less likely than
their just sending you the check by mistake. But checking news
sources, it seems that people *do* actually win now and then, whereas
there are no documented cases of the check just being sent to the
wrong person.
Old December 29th 03, 05:36 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:05:48 GMT, L Smith
wrote:

Sven wrote:

The multi-state PowerBall lottery is going to be over $200 million
Wednesday. This thread has been done on here before...

What would you do if you won the Lotto???
Upgrade your plane?
Get a newer/bigger/better plane? Get a fleet?
Get AMEL/ASES/ Instrument and/or Commercial ratings?

The more realistic question here would be "what would you do if you
won Sporty's
contest?" Pilots are actually likely to enter it.

Yup! one of the local Pilots won the Gruman Tiger a few years back.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Rich Lemert

Old December 29th 03, 05:51 AM
Teacherjh

But the odds of said mishap costing exactly the amount of your insurance
coverage are probably quite a bit worse...

What insurance company won't cover it unless the damage is exactly the amount
of the coverage? I want stock in that company!

Jose

Old December 29th 03, 06:16 AM
tony roberts

The multi-state PowerBall lottery is going to be over $200 million
Wednesday. This thread has been done on here before...

Any pilot who won $200 million and only upgraded his existing plane
probably didn't need the money
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old December 29th 03, 06:35 AM
Greg Burkhart

"tony roberts" wrote in message
The multi-state PowerBall lottery is going to be over $200 million
Wednesday. This thread has been done on here before...

Any pilot who won $200 million and only upgraded his existing plane
probably didn't need the money
--

I would probably keep my existing plane and upgrade it. Might consider
getting another aircraft. There are a lot of things that $100M+ would buy,

It's still a dream... ;-)